1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Dragic is out of the picture.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He would start. That was the whole issue. McHale wanted Dragic to start because he had outplayed Lowry and Lowry had issues with that. Now he would start and get big minutes.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Back track to my original post.

That should aid your memory.

We are talking about this in the first place because you didn't get the original point that I was implying.

4. micactus

micactus Member

Let's see whose freaking memory needs to be refreshed. and don't give us the you should get what I meant crap.

5. tuoxieman

tuoxieman Member

If you don't want to use Lin, please just trade him. Why torture such a nice guy by destroying his confidence?

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Whoa. What's up with these posters coming out after 3 or 5 years for their first post?

Only the first game I was able to see tonight since it was on ESPN but it was disappointing to see Lin not be involved very much. Not sure whose fault that is.

7. micactus

micactus Member

and you explained yourself again there.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think a lot of people understand Dantoni's offense. The Lakers need a PG that can run MDA's offense. Yes Steve Nash is a great shooter but what he brings to the table is that he can run the high PNR first & foremost. The high PNR is the bread & butter of MDA's offense. Lin can run the high PNR not as well as Nash but still pretty dam well. MDA also likes to run 2 PG line ups as well & seeing as how Nash is threat off the ball because of his shooting it would work if you slide Kobe to the SF. Lin's shooting woes would be a lot less magnified on LA because of the incredible amount of talent they have on that roster. Also lets not forget that Lin would be coming off the bench because a man named Nash is the starter. Nash isn't dead yall he is just out for a few more weeks.

Not advocating Lin going to LA at all just trying to explain MDA's system & how Lin would hypothetically fit there.

9. instar

instar Member

no, i get ur point.

i am just saying making 3 shouldn't be the standard to judge players whether they belong in this league or not. that was just absurd statement.

10. micactus

micactus Member

That is suppose to be rational? Someone lost a family member and that makes him/her the nicest guy in the world? Come on, man!

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's like almost every NBA fan sees how grossly misused Lin is except for the few "Rockets fans" trolling Rockets boards that insist this is the "real Jeremy Lin."

1 person likes this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Good job not reading.

I reiterated my point because I wasn't clear.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

People forget he's played what 60 nba games, ever? Kid is going to be a baller. He played well tonight I thought. Who care if Douglas finished the game? Rockets won and everyone should see Lin will take the rockets much farther tham Douglass.

1 person likes this.
  14. Lihao

Lihao Member

nah, the damage already done when they clash with each other last season, it would be really hard for them to trust each other again in such short time , it might be ok after a season or two when they get over it, but not now.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lin isn't getting tortured you nuts. He's on a 25 mil contract.

16. StillDodger

StillDodger New Member

If you watched Lin during the Spurs game with Harden out, his offensive skill set is very similar to Harden's. Except Harden does it better. (And is also a lefty.) I think the announcers in the Celts game brought up a good point. Lin's left is still too weak. (Harden is at least serviceable to the right.) And he lost his outside shot. The problem is because what Lin does good Harden does better, that leaves too little option for Lin.

In regard to the benching, I won't speculate. But when Lin was on the Knicks, he played his best ball late in the 4th qtr., the same stretch where he's now being benched. Once again, due the same skill set, although Lin is great at what he does, it is still a downgrade from Harden. I think Lin gets benched because Douglas has at least made the big shot this season. I do agree Lin is the team's best backcourt defender. Not even close.

The things Lin does well offensively, only a few players in the league can do better. Unfortunately, James Harden is one of them.

The Harden signing was great for the Rockets, but it might ultimately be poison for Lin. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I reiterated my point.

I'm saying the "Lin isn't a spot up shooter" is a stupid statement.

If he can shoot the 3 whiles dribbling, but not when someone passes it to him, then he "doesn't belong in the NBA" aka. my hyperbole, because, if he can't adapt then there is obviously something wrong with him.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand what you are insinuating here. You don't have an argument buddy. Leave his daughter and his grief out of this discussion, it has no place on this forum or this topic.

19. micactus

micactus Member

You would normally play your reserve guard in the 4th quarter, no matter how long, would you not? You would normally play the reserve guard that you hope to develop a bit more in the 4th quarter if you have a handsome lead, would you not?

What's your evaluation on Lin then? 3-string guard?

20. micactus

micactus Member

Ah, you admit that you weren't clear. Nice eating your own words.