1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know why Lin fans are pissed. It seems the Rockets finally came around to staggering Lin and Harden's minutes. And that Douglas is a better "shooting guard" to complement Harden.

Lin played pretty well today. I loved his aggression, which led to many layups for the Rockets.

2. Caris

Caris Member

I am a Lin fan, too.
    A group of us purchased expensive tickets and will drive 7 hours to watch Lin play. If he gets benched, we will definitely not be happy.
    What happened tonight? He seemed to be contributing and playing well. Did he pass up open shots?

3. loox

loox Member

That is to be seen. In any case, isn't Nash supposed to do the same thing? So, why cannot Lin fill in the same role?

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Nash is an outstanding shooter.

Jeremy Lin is not.

5. steady

steady Member

we had a good game. including lin. defended rondo well; had a good number of assists. some people were upset because Lin sat the whole 4th quarter, and were pretty vocal about it.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

unbench jeremy lin!!!!:mad:

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I hope Rockets trade Lin somewhere where he become a primary ball handler perhaps a Lakers. He doesn't do well when he doesn't get to handle the ball all the time. It's like asking Steve Nash to stay the f away from Harden and be a spot up shooter...so pathetic. You can't expect someone to shoot well when he's not even get to touch the ball and a part of the offense. There are multiple possessions where he doesn't even touch the ball at all as they move up the court and he's a freaking PG!! How do you expect someone to shoot well when he doesn't get to touch the ball? And when he's cold...you pulled him and sit...so r****ded. This Rockets system is designed to fail for PG like Jeremy Lin. There is no reason for a player to drop 38pts one night and only 10 and 5pts the next. Nothing else to explain other than a system failure or coaching failure.

8. M4-Nightvision

I wish.. I would love to see lin in LA with dwight

9. M4-Nightvision

rockets should trade lin for mo william, he can shooot the 3's or randy foy. if the rockets wants a spot up shooting pg.

because lin is not a spot up shooter pg.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

By spot up shooter do you mean shooting and making 3 point shots when the ball is passed to him?

If Lin can't do that then he doesn't belong in the NBA.

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Maybe a trade after the Knicks game? :(

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

no reason why Harden and JLin both dominate the ball ala Durant and Westbrook.

Yes Lin is no Westbrook and Harden is no KD, but just because KD is the best scorer in the NBA that doesnt mean Westbrook just fades into the background.

OKC is at its best when both guys are aggressive. Obviously it gets to the point where after every OKC loss it seems people blame Westbrook for overshooting, but it's clear it's better than him taking 10 shots a game.

Granted he's exponentially better today than when he first got in the league, but Durant wasn't winning till Westbrook came along.

Bottom line is Lin needs to take a page out of Westbrook's playbook. On this team in particular he can play great D, set others up, but if you don't put the ball in the basket, McHale is benching you.

As for McHale saying he would've brought Lin back but TD played so well, what was he watching? TD had a layup with about 10 minutes left in the 4th, but didnt do anything until the 3 minute mark! no steal, rebounds fg, or otherwise. When exactly was he going to bring Lin back? THe 2 minute mark?Ohh well a win is a win, but at least be up front about it.

1 person likes this.
  13. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Whether we like it or not, even the blindes can see how **** is the treatment from coaches to Lin, I mean he's not played like ****, he's pretty decent tonite if you ask me. so why benched him for too long.ones can and should questioning coaches motive here, is it true they are trying to make Douglas looks good for trade? or what ? I have nothing against Douglas, he is good guy and decent player recently. But why should Rockets take the ******* poison pill contract if only to bench him and let Douglas take most of Lin minutes. if he plays like Bulls game tonite, I have nothing to against the decision to bench him, as matter of fact I will support that decision too, but not tonight, its totally unfair to fans, to Lin himself and to Rockets as a team for a long run.

I say we should give them sometime till all star break to figure out. And also for us as fans to take a better judgement by then.

If until then, coaches and Mchale in particular still treat Lin with shiiit and no respect, then yes please ship him out to somewhere else, where he can develops his game appropietly. win-win solution for both and for me :grin: I can still cheer for Harden and rox. In the same time I can also see Lin runs his game and if im lucky then Linsanity may struck once again.

no Lin no party
    no Harden no win
    so why we can't win and party in the same time; fcuuuk go ask Mchale

1 person likes this.
  14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I think it would actually be a good fit.
    1. At least D'Antonio will not bench him when he's hot.
    2. Kobe will smack him if he goofs off...good for his development.
    3. Learn from the best in the business in Nash.
    4. Howard will finish a lot of his dishes.
    5. He will be playing for my favorite team and be in California...no more flights to catch a game here and there.:grin:

15. instar

instar Member

there are a lot of guys can't shoot 3 in the nba. what are u taking about?

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Douglas did play well tonight. But by the same token this organization has made a significant investment in Lin. You'd think they'd be trying to develop him..

17. instar

instar Member

i know what u're trying to say but totally different case. durant can't handle the ball like harden and lin can't shoot like westbrook.

18. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

rather, i feel sad. It is painful to watch Lin being benched no matter what and we are so afraid that he will be ruined this way going forward.

really, what i feel is sadness and pain, and a little bit unfairness.

maybe to let go of lin and get a better fit for Rox is better for both.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Jeremy Lin received a Harvard education, is an iconic athlete, and is getting paid millions to play a game for a living. All this reference to Jeremy being treated poorly is pretty ridiculous. I wasn't too happy about not seeing Lin in the 4th quarter again, but TD was playing well and the team was playing well. Sometimes it's better not to break up the current continuity on the floor if it's working well. Remember when all the starters got benched and continued to sit because they were all playing poorly/the second unit was playing so well?

All this talk of an agenda isn't rational thinking. Lin upping his performance will only help the Rockets, make their decision look better, and give more value to his contract. He is going to need to shoot the ball well to succeed/be more agressive and finish better. Living vicariously through a single athlete's stat line is not a stable way to live.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sigh...

How many starting PGs in the league cannot hit open 3 point shots when it's passed to them?