1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

Well, personally, I thought the idea of McHale just having something personal against Lin was pretty ludicrous up until the last few games, but after some persistent demonstration of confirmation bias on McHale's part I think there may actually be something to it.

Uh huh, lineup has momentum in the 4th, so leave it in, Mr. McHale? Say, where was that philosophy in the Spurs game? Lineup had all the momentum going for it, Lin just drained a 3, but when it's Uglas time it's Uglas time, right? Momentum be damned. So he subs Lin out for 4 minutes, and the Spurs scored at a 40-point quarter pace while the Rockets scored at an 8-point quarter pace for the 4 minutes Lin was out, squandering ten plays losing all the momentum, then in the post-game interview, McHale blames the loss on Lin's one play.

Yeah, whatever.

Nothing is ever McHale's fault. It's obviously Lin's fault whenever the team plays like crap. Lin shuts down his guy, dishes out easy baskets to Asik, then Patterson misses a 3, Harden misses a 3 throws the ball away, Parsons follows up with a missed 3, wow it's a 6-0 opposing team run, obviously the problem is Lin not shooting, time for some early 14 minutes of Uglas in the first half.

It doesn't matter how tough you are mentally, you are going to be hesitant to take risks on the court when it looks like your coach is just looking for any excuse to bench you. I mean, I don't really give a rat's ass why McHale is doing what McHale is doing. He just needs to quit it already or Les needs to fire him. Enough with half the press wondering WTF is going on after every other ******* game, it makes it look like the Rockets have an attention wh*re for a coach.

2. Luca

Luca Member

Well said.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

How about 3pter percentage? which is what Douglas usually shoot.

4. Luca

Luca Member

According to Hoopdata:

Lin 3P%: 31.5%
    Toney: 41.5% much higher.

I do think that Lin just needs to shoot more and not think too much. But again if he shoots too much will he get benched? I don't really know.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Hardens first two games were better than Lin's 38-7.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I take your 38 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 52.4% shooting and raise you 38 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block, 56% shooting

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

A Spurs team without Duncan, Parker, Manu, Kawhi, Green, and Jackson almost beat the Heat.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Or 45 points 7 boards 2 assists on 14-19 shooting at 73% in a win over a good Atlanta team at home.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah the first two games he played for us (regular season)

10. jjin15

jjin15 Member

If being a liability of turnovers is the reason for being benched, then Harden & Lin should of been benched.
    Harden leads the league in TO:eek:

11. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Coach doesn't want him to shoot. be a facilitator... that's on coach, sooo... either Mchail/sampson go away or trade Lin to the teams that need his service..

Everyone happy, LOH happy, LOF happy... clutchfans.net will be peaceful again...

but if Mchail still want LIN, Rocket's fan still want LIN, use HIM wisely, and do not over praise him, do not over hate him....

i don't want to hear " LIN is a good guy, humble, and praise the LORD" yes, i already know it, if LOF always said that, it would be not really good for the LOF itself..(me myself i love LIN, but i do not love people who over praise him like a GOD)

and for LOH, you guys no need to over react , over hate... seems like you are not rockets fans, please just put this aside. yet continue to support both...(me myself not hate lin, but i just couldn't stop to hate LOH, like they are the judge or the god or the clever coach)

sorry if i am wrong...

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Aggred.