1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after playing just 18 minutes vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I think now it was McHale calling the shots to limit Lin's time. Sampson was following orders.

McHale is just clueless as a coach. Nice guy but a poor coach.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I fully expect coaching staff loves Lin. He has some fantastic skills. He just needs to work on shooting so that it reopens those skills to him. When that happens, Rockets will be a playoff lock instead of contender.

3. ERC

ERC Member

I honestly believe the coaching staff loves/likes Lin (and thus find those rumors about coaches hating Lin nonsense).

Having said that, let's hope he finds his shots sooner than later. The better our regular season record is, the better chance of us avoiding OKC or Spurs in the 1st round if/when we make the playoffs. I know we are not contending for title this year, but the deeper we go in the playoff, the more experience these young players will gain.

4. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Even with Harden out Lin barely gets to touch the ball. Coaches would rather have Parsons, Delfino, Douglas and even Asik make plays than him. Absolutely disgusted with the way he is being treated here and my patience is about done. F'kin trade him please. I'd rather Lin was on the bobcats and allowed to play than this nonsense.

Lin: What do I do coach?

McHale/Sampson: Go stand in the corner Jeremy.

5. Allegro

Allegro Member

As I've been saying, it's all about pumping Harden up in order to make Morey's resume look better. If we have to sacrifice another player who clearly has All-Star talent, that's what we will do.

I think Morey is on thin ice already. His job is in extreme jeopardy, which is why he is taking such extreme actions.

That's about the size of it.

6. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Maybe the Rockets should bench JLin every other game, seeing how he performed against the Spurs.

I think being benched was the wake up call JLin needed. He played as if he had nothing to lose and without thinking too much.