1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after 107-105 Rockets win over Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#AnxietyTroopers

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I have mixed feelings about Lin's demeanor. From a team standpoint and coaching standpoint, it seems a huge blessing. Douglas tonight was simply on, playing at an all-star level. Forget Lin, Dragic or Lowry on an average night wouldn't be playing in front of Douglas tonight. These things happen, and the coach took advantage of a hot hand.

But the problem is how Lin handles such benching in the long term. The reason you don't see this sort of stuff with other established starters, is because of ego issues. And I kind of like having my NBA players with a bit of ego, so they continue to strive to play with confidence and improve on their game. As long as Lin thinks that way, I'm good. I just hope the consistent playing with the hot hand by Sampson doesn't make Lin think like a role player. He can't just accept getting benched, but rather use it to strive for such things to never happen again.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Is this really a big deal? Parsons and Asik were benched too.

5. dream1222

dream1222 Member

he played bad, he deserved it

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Aww that sucks but I understand, I saw an interview of him when he was with the Bulls and it was total awkwardness heh :p

7. recboil

recboil Member

an ironic statement seeing as your handle is, "meh"

8. visible

visible Member

I kind of agree with what you said. don't want to Lin sets low bar for himself or lost some confidence. He plays smart but still too passive.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Parsons played 35 minutes and shot 15 times. Hardly benched. Asik is a role player on offense anyway. He may add more wrinkles, but there's not much room for growth. Neither player's game needs to be as proactive as Lin's. If Lin doesn't attack with confidence, then he's a waste of starter money.

10. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Not only a waste, but can turn the game around completely. There's a reason PGs are the most demanding position. The reason we had a good game today is because TD controlled the pace well. He is the PG that took the game to his pace with his confidence. The problem with TD is he doesn't know how to switch gears, and when he's not feeling it, he just keeps doing the same thing and brick hard. That's the difference with Lin, Lin knows how to control the pace and play what the defence gives. But if he doesn't attack with confidence like TD, then he's just going to keep falling back to the opponent's pace. With a vet like Kobe controlling the pace, he completely suffered the backlash today.

If it wasn't for Hack a Dwight destroying Kobe's pace, I think the game would been very different.

11. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

for sure, Asik knows his English will be made fun of here on CF:grin:

for Lin, it is a good thing, he needs a growth path as other young players do and the courage of looking bad in games. the less the media/fan attention, the more he is relieved and will try one bad shot after another on court. anyway, that's just my guess, maybe his mentality is totally different, maybe he is much tougher, and i hope so

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Thanks Clutch!

13. VanityHalfBlack

Lin has a problem guarding sm guards like nate robinson/Damian Lillard to name a few.. Please help me understand that???? Lin is not slow we know that but with smaller guards he has problems but going against Lowry he held his own.. I don't get it Lin, I just don't...

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I get it... He's not consistent it's one play.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Yep, on the money...

16. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

And this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JFWbgcrWP6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. jason330i

jason330i Member

correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't lin in foul trouble the whole game? he picked up two early fouls and that initally allowed douglas to come in and get hot.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Time to add another one!

:rolleyes:

19. David Stern

David Stern Member

Clutch….The Lin novelty will wear out quicker than you believe….This is not New York and if Lin doesn’t produce his 15 minutes of fame will be just a memory…. Rocket fans don’t care to hear what a scrub player has to say….Also, he’s an Asian American not Asian born….i’m sure the asian media will disappear after one horrible season and the rockets will be left holding the bag for 2 more years and $20mil.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Can you restructure NBA contracts? If Lin has a crappy year, would he even agree to give back money? :)