1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden is the Rockets’ point guard, but hasn’t he always been?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Sep 26, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Exactly what Les wants. :):rolleyes:

Invisible Fan and CCity Zero like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thought I'd drop Clutch's video of the DMA interview here, as the Watkins thread is not-so-surprisingly devolving into how Harden can't defend PGs, while neither DMA, Clutch nor Feigen say he will cover PGs.

HeWhoIsLunchbox likes this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

His beard has always been on point.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thanks for this.

Still my point remains: if hes not going to cover opposing point guards, whats the point of officially switching his position? He's been playing the role already. He's a natural scorer. Keep him at SG and let him initiate more often.

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Oh crap. Somehow that posted heaps. My bad guys

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Only Calvin Watkins is saying we are officially switching his position. MDA, Clutch and Feigen and Harden say it's the same as always.

Cashmoney likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Doomed before they even start. :rolleyes:

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thanks HP. He should stay at SG officially, no reason to do otherwise

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

MDA sounds so confident about this switch. I think our guys are going to have better options for getting Harden out of trouble this year. I think coach is going to use the press that teams put on Harden as a way to exploit poor defensive positioning. That's what he's been hired to do, right? Help the players take advantage of defensive positioning?

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My concern is turnovers, and defense. There is no doubt that he is the best passer on the team.

11. conquistador#11

it took a connoisseur of offense to figure out what a lot of us knew but those in the organization did not, or did not want to accept.
    You still can't go in with bev lined up next to him. You need a young tony allen type of player.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You have completely misinterpreted this.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That basically is what Beverley is. He's not as good as Tony Allen defensively, but that's his game.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There are fans that really believe Harden will be guarding/matched up on PGs? sigh.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hrmm, Morey retweeted this article

[​IMG]

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

One thing that hasn't really been highlighted, though mentioned briefly in the interviews, is the mindset that comes along with being acknowledged as the PG. When you're the SG doing PG duties, you might feel like you're doing bonus PG work. When you are told you are responsible for the car and will be given the keys, it's a different feeling.

I think this is a smart talking point from D'Antoni which drives home the point that Harden has to be quicker, more efficient and smarter at distributing the ball without having to phrase it as a criticism.

val_modus and Deuce like this.
  17. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

As a point guard, JH has a very high tendency of turnovers with his dribbling skills.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed, plus the fact Harden has that contract extension. He has that, and now the basketball and the keys. TOTAL OWNERSHIP. I think he will grab it and we'll see good things.

19. val_modus

val_modus Member

So the potential "combo guards" next to him in the starting lineup at this point are...
    Beverley
    Gordon
    Brewer (jk)

Ultimately, I think Bev gets the nod, as our bench needs some electric offense that EGord can provide.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member