1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Is Terrence Williams a point guard? He thinks so. (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2011.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Good, we are going to need someone to matchup with Russell Westbrook for years to come...

2. Zfan

Zfan Member

I appreciate Twill's creativity and physical talent. I was surprised watching his Rocket debut and I've posted in other thread before saying him a very good prospect. No question he's a gifted player.

All I want to say is about PG attitude. This role is the key to motivate the whole team. That's a mental thing. It's about trust, respect and chemistry. Now we have capable PGs with Lowry, AB and Smith. Twill maybe a nice mate but he should play what the team needs.

I know Morey is going to re-shape the roster. Twill might show his playmaking skill once PG position trim down. But right now we have three PGs. I doubt if he saying this for team benefit.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jason Kidd will go down with the third most 3 pointers in history, behind Ray Allen and Reggie Miller.

4. RocketMania1991

Simply because he has played the game long enough. Up until his last few years in Dallas he has never been that good from the 3.

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Man he looked good dribbling into that lane. TWill obviousy have some mad handles and his shot can't be any worse than Lowry's. Dare I say that he has even better handles and dish out better dimes than Kyle. What's most impressive in the video is how he just sliced inside everytime with ease. Twill has a big frame and its a plus if he can play the 1. At this point, I see him as having more upside than kyle lowry.

Defense= Twill is bigger and stronger

Athleticism= Twill no contest. This guy makes Jermaine Taylor yestereday's story.

Shot= who knows, but cant be any worst than KLow IMHO.

Handles= Twill just by the way he dribbles through defenders, not around. Besides him, only AB could do the same but he is too small and gets bumped and loses control too easily which leads to a turn over or poor positioning for a pass off.

Passing= Twill, Lots of mustard, more dime and accuracy

Court vision= Klow. But Twill's ability to break the middle at will and dish is a plus. More time and he will potentially be the better of the two.

IQ= same. Only because Klow takes too many bad shots. An open shot from a low percentage shooter is still a bad shot. (Rafer Alston) Twill's part is because he's trying to do too much outside of his realm currently. This could be due to lack of playing time. This aspect may improve over time.

Hustle= KLow. There's no denying that Klow is all hustle. Rebounding, diving, poking the ball away for steals, yanking it away, punching it out. He does it all.

IMO, if Twill plays smarter, in control, and show more hustle in his game which he very well has the capability to, he can be a solid 1 or backup 2 gaurd for this team. Rockets need to get this guy more involved ASAP.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If he wants to play Point Guard, he is the future for this team. He can become a bigger, stronger, and maybe faster Lowry role eventually.

I like that he wants to follow in Payton's shoes, but one thing I want to see from him:
    From Slam Online: http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2010/09/for-old-times-sake-gary-payton/

Gary Payton had a post game! Twill is 6'6, develop a post game and dominate these smaller guards with your height, strength and wingspan advantage. They can't stop you in the post!

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Terrence has more upside than any player on this team.