1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Is Terrence Williams a point guard? He thinks so. (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You don't have to hunch over. If they are, it's because their hips are lacking something. If you get your hips low enough, then your back is "saved" and is more upright. Twill appears to have better hip function based on that workout clip. Penny on the other hand, was a twig from head to toe.

Clutch, next time can you please ask Twill more about his practices with GP? Does he still train with him in the offseason? Is he getting constant feedback from him during the season?

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He has big lips!!! :eek:

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm thinking he may work out at the two next to Brooks...gives him the option to take over the ball and let Brooks be a SG and adds defensive support in the backcourt alongside Brooks. If we ever get another scorer at the 3/4/5, like Melo(longshot, i know), i can see this happening and Kmart being shipped out.

Brooks/lowry
    Twill/CLee

Much better defensively in the backcourt and it'll be set for years.

4. delta69er

delta69er Member

If we were to decide to go in the direction of rebuilding the team, this guy better stay on the team.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

T-will isn't a point guard anymore than T-mac or D-wade is a pointguard. Sure you can put him at the pg spot and allow him to create plays for others, however you only need to look at his time with the Nets to see that he loves to shoot and chuck up a ton of shots. Being a pg means putting the offense of the entire team over your own offense, and I just don't see him making that kind of commitment long term.

As to why he said he'd rather be a pg, I guess he thought PG was the best spot for him to get some since Brooks is playing like crap. At SG you have KM and Lee, and he isn't 6'8 so he's kinda' small for the forward position.

I'm not sure I want him on the squad long term. I like his attitude, cockiness and potential, but at the same time what will you do with Lee and Kmart, both of whom play the same position he does. Maybe Lee can be part of a consolidation package (for example for Granger) and then we can use T-will as an explosive 6thman.

6. Happii

Happii Member

He will become a match up nightmare at the point if Aaron and Lowry end up being traded(which I really don't see happening).

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I would love to see John Wall on the Rockets...take a look at his %.

8. Happii

Happii Member

When he was with The Nets he had to change his playing style due to the Nets needing a scorer. With him being a Rocket you can see his style change to a style that he is more comfortable with. As you can see from the past games, he doesn't really take that many shots anymore. He usually looks for his team mates but doesn't really get "that" much assists because they can't finish.

9. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Just because Terrence has playmaking abilities does not make him a PG. We have two good PG's and as a combo they are perhaps the most lethal in the NBA. It doesn't make sense to trade one of them, bench the other, then start Terrence. Which lineup scares you more?

Lowry/AB
    Kevin Martin
    Terrence Williams
    Scola
    Chuck/Hill

-or-

Terrence Williams
    Kevin Martin
    Shane Battier
    Scola
    Chuck/Hill

The first lineup is more balanced than the 2nd.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Of all of our young guys, Patty Pat and TWill are the two with the most upside IMHO. I def. think Williams has the handles and passing skills to play the point. He really does have rare skills; a natural passer. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing how he plays next to Lee or Brooks. I agree that he's not your starter, but he could very well grow into 20 minutes at the point if he keeps developing. He's a long way off, but the talent is impressive. Lets hope he can keep his head on straight.

11. Happii

Happii Member

Firstly do you know what a PG does in basketball?

On the 2nd line-up you have to show who the Rockets traded Aaron and Kyle for.

1 person likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Like I said in the other thread. For now, he is a bigger, slower, and cockier Ish Smith.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why does TWill have to guard those speedy little PG's? We have 5 players on on the court at any given time. Have someone else like Lee guard those fast PG's.

14. acjeitherocket

15. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

What does Derek Fisher do in the Laker offense?

Rafer in the TMac/Yao offense?

Carlos Arroyo in the Heat offense?

How about Jameer Nelson in the Orlando offense?

Why does Terrence Williams have to play PG to be a playmaker on the floor? Answer these please.

16. Roxs-Redemption

Great Analysis, Clutch
    I hope he develop along as the Rocket's improve their defense

17. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

TWill would be a perfect SG next to someone like Monta Ellis. Ellis guards 1's on defense while TWill takes on the 2.

On offense, Ellis pushes it on breaks. In the half court, he sets up and gets it to Twill on the wing. TWill runs the PnR from the wing and sets up the team into prime scoring position. An elite finisher like Ellis will have a field day.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i remember rodrick rhodes had that one good season in the league and then completely fell off the radar.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wouldn't mind keeping either Kmart or Brooks then using the other with lowry scola exp contracts ect to try and trade for a center and defensive sf. If we could get Nene and Crash for example a lineup of Twill* Brooks/Kmart Crash Pat/Chuck Nene would be great defensively. You just shift the 2 and 1 to guard who's better. Kmart could easily guard Fisher against the Lakers with his length but then against a team like the Bulls you put Twill on Rose and let Kmart Guard Bogans or whoever their SG is.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

rodrick rhodes' jumper was pretty bad...Twill's should be better. I dont even think Rhodes had a good year as a Rocket. He showed some signs, but nothing consistent.