1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Interviews/Clips from Day 4 of Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2013.

1. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

please this

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I checked again. He had 7.2 pts and 3.9 assists
    again he did facilitate more. I'd say average but Toney Douglas did hit some flashy treys here no doubt.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

That was the same feeling I got. D-Mo spins for 360, but doesn't look to cover a lot of ground. He looks more like ballerina to me. Hopefully this will improve under Hakeem.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is just an artifact of the training. The point is not to make the shot. It is to execute what is being taught. Not an athlete are you?

5. basketballholic

Covington making that corner 3 like it's a free throw. That's nutz. U-n-d-r-a-f-t-e-d.

(I am beginning to wonder if Morey spotted Covington, and convinced him to shut it down and take the guaranteed money. How else does a player like that not get drafted?)

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was talking about the three point shooting part of the video.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

it's practice. who knows how he is mentally in a game? but i agree, his shot is the prettiest.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

dh shows no difference on ft btw eyes opened and closed. it's not the case to other players.:grin:

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

More like he's tired than relaxed.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hakeem had to do it while getting two handed shoves from the likes of Ewing, Mason, and Oakley without a call and being able to gather himself and still drill his shots. I've never seen anything comparable since.

11. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Dream was an absolute beast. Knicks would throw everything at him and they still couldnt guard him. turnarounds, jump hooks, up and unders. home boy could do it all! still pissed that we kicked him out and he retired as a Raptor :mad: Realllllly screwed up

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A short video does not tell you how accurate someone is at shooting the basketball, just like college boxscores do not tell you if Terrence Jones is a lesser Howard.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

???? Hope that's just a joke.

"I'm not a businessman, I'm a business man"

An NBA prospect would take a guaranteed contract with the 2012 Bobcats all day long over a non-guaranteed contract with the 96/97 Bulls.

Covington went un-drafted for a reason. Reason #1 is probably the fact that he was a senior coming out of Tennessee State, is older than most 3rd year NBA players, and has played against inferior competition.

The guy has a ridiculous 3 point stroke, and all reports are that this guy really looks like he belongs from the pick up games and workouts over the summer. However, he's still got something to prove to me in real live NBA game-play before he's anointed, and certainly before I'll entertain conspiracies about him botching his draft stock to make do on an under-the-table agreement between him and Morey.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hakeem still looks like the best center in the NBA lol

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

The Knicks literally fouled him multiple times on every play, with hardly a foul every being called, and Dream played through all of it without ever a complaint, a shriek, or a wild flail of the arms. Hakeem was just superior, which in my book puts him way above guys like Magic and Karl Malone who really relied on the whistle and am imposing body to get many of their points (if you watched those plays in slow motion, you can see that often Magic and Karl would get the benefit of the doubt on whistles without ever being touched).

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Covington patterns his game after Danny Granger.

Covington/Parsons/Casspi - your stretch PFs.

17. steady

steady Member

Also, Covington was asked to play PF at Tennessee State, and many (I think including him) believe he is a more natural fit at SF.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What about a season of NBA basketball and a stint with his international team? Can that tell you anything about someones shooting smartass??

19. steady

steady Member

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sure, but not a practice video, as you suggested.

No need to be so sensitive, Terrence Jones is safe.