1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Interview on 1560am on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, that was really fresh...

I didn't know Clutch went to BYU. How did he survive so long in jazz country??

2. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Recap

Generic question, generic question....

Over talk over talk

Clutch tries to give answers to generic questions

Over talk

Lame jokes

Worry over media credentials (seriously are these guys scared or what?)

3. Jimes

Jimes Member

Clutch man, you missed a golden opportunity to use "maybe maybe no" when they asked you if you thought Dallas was better this year :D I mean, you basically said that anyway, just with more words!

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Amen.

Its sad because Lance actually knows a little bit about sports, Granato is a goofy, too tan, 1-800 BRITESMILE homer.

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Perfect.

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Too bad Clutch was an afterthought to John & Lance's mega-ego's. He actually had some intelligent things to say about the Rockets.

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Congrats Clutch.. I tuned in too late, does anyone have the audio?

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Good Job,

I suggest everyone who can call in, try to suggest to bring him on more as a regular.

713-439-1560

9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Nice job clutch... I know you tried not to be a homer and put Pheonix and Dallas ahead of us, but I know you know that everyone knows that the Rockets are # 1. :cool:

I'm in Toronto so I haven’t heard of these Houstonian radio show hosts….the guy making jokes was doing it at the wrong time….it’s okay to screw around and make it interesting….. but there’s a time and place for everything, and he got it all wrong.

10. RedRaiderRocket

Well congrats Clutch. I hope they paid you andto think I use to like listening to them on 610. But that will be the last I listen to them.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

good interview. pretty bold putting the rockets above s.a., but ill take it!

that morman joke was so epic and fresh! romey would have totally racked him! nobody ever does polygamy jokes anymore! he seemed like he wanted to go with it a little longer, but the other dude got back on topic for him.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

That whole "oh, crap...almost forgot" bull**** was so contrived it was pathetic.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah if John Granato's goal was to file for bankruptcy by 2009, he's certainly on his way there given the way he's letting his mouth run off, about non-sports-related things as well as badly-timed spouts of bad humor.

I thought the afternoon show had a shot also with Jim Rome's Catalin-asian being from Houston and all, but it's proven to be even worse than the morning show. Right now all they have going for them is Justice's sequence as the guy isn't a great talker but gets some damn good interviews because of his time working in the Northeast. So many radio stations cannot coexist in one city, not even New York, and the city definitely cannot afford a badly managed and poorly cast independent sports radio station. CBS Sports (610), Sportingnews (790), and ESPN (97.5) will just wait them out and suffer losses for a couple of years until the market becomes profitable once again. IMO there are a LOT of old chubby guys that need to be on the outside looking in as far as talk radio is concerned. Rich Lord I'm looking at you.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

now there going off on 610's new hosts and jeremy foster. these guys are so full of themselves

don't they know the only reason their show was extremely popular is because they were first in the market

15. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I was glad to hear John and Lance were back on the air (OK, yea, I used to listen to 610); BUT, this gig is not ready for prime time. It sounds like someone set up a mic in a frat house and let it run.

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Nicely put.

The constant yelling on the show is also excruciating.

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I love jonh and lance, but these guys are being ultra cruel, and sound real bitter. This station is brutal.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the support guys -- I enjoyed talking with them. The "wives" crack caught me off guard a bit, but didn't bother me. It's all good.

I definitely wanted to talk more Rockets though ... I didn't get to unleash my Rafer rant :)

19. dedong22

dedong22 Member

GO GO Cluth ! :D

20. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

Nice work man. You are the best at what you do.