1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Identifying Houston’s Priorities in an Omer Asik Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2013.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

The Code

Ancient Lurker & first time post.

Do you see what I see from DocRocket? I almost can't believe my eyes

"Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay" - Translates: A trade today will be a blockbuster that adds Jeremy Lin to the equation.

"2 purvey & display array of bombs away"- Translates: Our new mainstay (see below) but get playing time for a real 3 point threat and distributor in Isaiah Canaan. He's playing unbelievably well. Whoever is meant here, look up the second definition of "purvey." It means distributor.

Therefore - "If trade is made today," I think we pick up 2 pieces:

• "hey!yay!hooray!" - That would be Michael Kidd Gilchrist. The 3 (!!!) and the other clue is "hooray" has two syllables.
    • "& URICH-A!" - Somebody got this already a few pages back - Spenser Hawes! The TV actor allusion is classic.

"Please Pray" - Translates: You can put these pieces in a trade machine and make it work, but its a complicated 3 team trade. You might need more than Philadelphia and Charlotte to make it happen. Does Boston get Asik? And who gets Lin?

I don't really care if we clear a path for Canaan, add MKG (who fits and we need), and Hawes.

2. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

"Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay" -- > Sounds like a 4 team trade ???

""2 purvey & display array of bombs away" --> 2 pg's involved and a 3 pt shooter
    (hawes? or could be Korver)

3. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

So is this just step one in amassing assets for Kevin Love/(3rd star player). I feel like the Rockets know Minnesota's offering price for love is 3 picks (why we need 2 from asik trade) expirings and maybe terrence jones/dmo/insert anyone but DH CP JH.

It fits Daryl Morey's strategy on how he got James Harden (traded vets for picks and young talent), and how he was going to trade to get Howard

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I don't like the MKG trade in fear of Mchale not even playing him.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I would not mind seeing D-Mo go. he has a lot of potential, but Clutchfans are overhyping the hell out his potential. I know this is only his second year, but D-Mo's game to me so far is like a taller, more muscular version of Tuni Kokoc with a much better postup game, but not nearly as good of a three pointer shooter as Kukoc.

6. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Say what you will about McHale's play calling, the one thing you have to give him is that he let players earn their playing time. Remember Parson's rookie season when everyone was screaming for him to play TWill and Chase?

If MKG is good enough to get playing time, he will play.

7. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Boston Celtics are gaining traction in talks to acquire Houston center Omer Asik, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/413405218358194178">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Jeff Green. Yes yes yes yes

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Not too happy. Courtney Lee is on a bad contract, and apparently Howard doesn't like playing with Bass. Hopefully they flip him later. The pick is nice. Are Bass/Lee on contract past 2015? Or are they only 2 years?

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I trust Morey not to make any really stupid moves.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If we managed to get Kevin Love and pair him with DH and Harden well win every year until they retire. And DM would be the goat GM.

12. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Will we get Rondo? And perhaps lose Jones, Parsons or Lin?

13. jogo

jogo Member

If it's Boston then I want Rondo all day.

I don't like Bass and I really don't like Green.

Avery Bradley is interesting but we'd need some picks and filler.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No Jeff Green please.

Thankfully, Asik going to Boston doesn't mean Green will come to Houston. Rockets would probably get a draft pick from Boston and Thad Young from Philly in a 3-team trade.

Don't want Bass either. When he and Dwight were paired on the Magic, it did not work well at all which is why they traded him for Big Baby.

Celts won't give up Avery Bradley.

15. fv court

fv court Member

Its really very simple:

"Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay" -
    > Asik's Decay = DK - doesn't care
    > Mainstay = store brand at Walmart ---> Walmart founder Sam Walton ---> Bill Walton - -->CELTICS
    > So Asik's apathy clears the way for the Rockets to acquire 4 players/picks from the Celtics.

"2 purvey & display array of bombs away"-
    >2 of the players purveyed from the Celtics are displayed to another team for "A Ray" who shoots "bombs away"
    > so we trade 2 of the players/picks acquired from Celtics to the HEAT for RAY ALLEN.

"If trade is made today," "hey!yay!hooray!"
    >A-A-A, presumably the grade for the trade if it is made today

"URICH-A!"
    > Eureka - Archimedes of Syracuse was a Greek mathematician
    >Jerami Grant plays basketball for Syracuse and is most likely a 1st round pick in the 2014.
    > Morey, a Mathematician acquires a first round pick in 2014 draft and acquires Jerami Grant.

Conclusion: 3-way trade, Rockets, Celtics and Heat. Rockets end up with player + 1st round pick from Celtics and Ray Allen from Heat. Rockets use the pick to select Jerami Grant in the 2014 draft.

Case closed. "Please Pray" -

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

One thing to keep in mind: This will be Morey's first "real" trade without Rosas and Hinkie.
    I say "real" because I don't believe the White trade to have been as challenging as this one.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Bass is a Patrick Patterson clone. Don't need him.

Lee would be useful, but that contract....

Count me in with those that think whomever we end up will not have a contract that goes beyond 2014 (unless it's a rookie or small contract).

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

"Asik's decay makes way 4 new mainstay" -

Isn't Greg Smith number 4?

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol @ langal