1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] How the West playoff matchups could best align for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is what i'd like most:

1. Rockets vs 8. Pelicans
    4. Spurs vs 5. Wolves

2. Warriors vs 7. Thunder
    3. Blazers vs 6. Jazz

This is what i think is gonna happen:

1. Rockets vs 8. Pelicans
    4. Spurs vs 5. Jazz

2. Warriors vs 7. Wolves
    3. Blazers vs 6. Thunder

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Butler only missed one game against Houston. Rockets are 3-0 against Minnesota with Butler, beating them by 18 points each time (he got injured late in the third one).

Mazulis, D-rock, saleem and 7 others like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

yeah people are talking up Minny with Butler too much i reckon

BigShasta likes this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hoping that OKC and Spurs are 6th and 7th and out of the Rockets bracket.... but i think the Spurs will be 4th.

Just want a easy path to the WCF before GS.... and want GS to have the hardest. LOL.

Wishful thinking. Rockets can beat anyone, anyways. So thats that.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I'd be fine with this bracket. Getting the Thunder on the Warriors side is key for me. And it might just happen. If the Thunder lose their next 2 games, tonight vs GSW and Saturday vs Houston, it could really put them in play for the 6,7 seed. So the Rockets could directly have a had in this. Hope it happens.

Vivi likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing...

Rockets vs 8. Pelicans
    4. Blazers vs 5. Jazz

2. Warriors vs 7. Wolves
    3. Spurs vs 6. Thunder

But maybe Spurs will purposely lose the last game to stay at #4

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The spurs are going to end up in our bracket...****

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

who owns the tiebreaker between Portland and SA? We absolutely need to beat portland and make GS go through the spurs and and thunder.

Update: If we beat the blazers, and the spurs take care of them then most likely SA will overtake them for the 3rd seed as they will own the tiebreaker.

Rockets better show the **** up.

da_juice likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

And SA **** the bed. Just wow.

10. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

In a hypothetical scenario where 80's Dream was the Rockets starting center with today's roster, I want the 73 - 9 Golden State every round to the Finals. It will be so much fun to watch. Just like Curry, no one is checking Dream on offense and Dream brings a defensive gravity that is light years ahead of anyone on either team.

Since it is 2018, don't care who the Rockets take on as long as they are healthy and adjust/ respond to adversity like the Clutch City squads. And bring Larry home.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What a chokejob. But hey... a loss today, a loss vs Portland, a loss @ N.O. and they might not make the playoff.

12. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets can’t beat this Spurs team, then they need to tear it down and rebuild. There are a number of teams better than this Spurs team.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I agree, but they handily beat us without Kawhi. I think part of the reason is that as a team we have never had an answer for LMA.

Things that make me hopeful--> new identity of the team and CP3. Even if he doesn't do much offensively the guy makes sure the team plays with discipline. Add bruisers like PJ/LMAM. All in all I think we would win, I just want the warriors to have to go through them in case Kawhi comes back.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We will face either New Orleans or Denver in round 1. Minuscule chance for Minnesota too.

da_juice likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, the Thunder lost to the Warriors so that is a good first step. Now the Rockets can directly have their hand in potentially putting OKC into the other bracket by beating them on Saturday.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets can't beat the Spurs then that means the coaching staff did not devise an offense that could counter the Spurs hugging the 3pt shooters and sagging the bigs. Basically solve that defense.

Mazulis, Rocket River and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Right. If the Rockets coaching staff hasn't figured out how to counter this strategy after two seasons, then they aren't going to.

Mazulis and Deuce like this.
  18. AXG

AXG Member

I'm not worried about Denver, Clippers, New Orleans or Minny. Those will be sweeps or 5 games, max. I think SA, OKC and Utah could give us trouble. I still think Houston wins but those could go six or seven.

19. Handles

Handles Member

I’m not afraid of losing to the spurs. I think we take them in a 7 game series, but I don’t want to face Pop in the playoffs. He’s a great coach and if anyone can find answers to our offensive and defensive schemes, it’s Pop. I don’t think we’ll lose to the spurs, but I don’t want them showing the rest of the league how to slow us down.

Plus, mike has some rough history vs pop in the playoffs.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i respect the hell outta the Spurs ... but the Rockets so need to kick that bootie ...

Mazulis likes this.