1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] How Golden State gets so wide open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2016.

1. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

On the other end flop like hell every time they set a moving screen. Maybe even some soccer like fake injuries. Anything to bring attention to it.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Apologists / doubters will deflect this due to the fact that the Rockets aren't in the same league as the Warriors... but it's still something that needs to be fixed for the integrity of the game.

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

But he throws his hands up in the air which makes it perfectly legal right?

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think KJ needs to play with the first unit to call more attention to this.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In Game 4 just put Harrell out there so he can lay Draymond out. Just put a shoulder into his chin on one those illegal screens. He wants to play dirty well then put his ass in the mud.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

This $hit should go viral

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i would not be suprised if years later a ref or someone within the NBA org. came out and said that the league had planned for the warriors to become the next big dynasty realizing that their style of run n gun play was what people enjoyed and steph curry was the momma's boy that everyone would love to root for, therefore they called games favorably for the warriors over the past 2 - 3 years including allowing them to get away with these illegal screens. It all make sense.

8. dischead

dischead Member

Just punch bogut in the balls every time he does it.

9. houtown

houtown Member

I possible do not think this as a bad idea, but instead of game 4, maybe want to do it the next game more than one play, it will probably look natural and not dirty either, since momentum is guiding you to make contact with an illegal screen, which gets in the defenders way all of a sudden on the court. The person setting the screen possibly almost puts himself in harms way at the time.

If someone gets a foul, then so be it , send a message.

10. ibm

ibm Member

that's right. well said, sir.

11. MystikArkitect

I'm sure it'd be great for news outlets to pick this up.

"Rockets fans whining about Golden States screens"

Would further galvanize their ability to do it.

12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

The league won't do anything about it. Look what happened with the non foul calls on lin video. The NBA basically blew it off.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sure it was mentioned but what irritated me was right after back to back illegal screens by Bogut that led to Curry 3s the rockets were called for back to back illegal screens themselves which were far less illegal than the ones Bogut set.

Every great team will get away with something usually it's a single player though. The illegal screens are far more glaring and hurts because it gives the free offensive player so much space to operate. This isn't a move where like they initiate contact or get an extra step which gives the player a slight advantage. The enormous amount of space Curry and Klay get is huge. It's even worse when announcers keep harping on how open the GS shooters get. At least they mentioned it in passing during the replays but it's getting to absurd levels with Bogut. The Warriors will kill the Rockets anyway but seeing stuff like this happen hurts the integrity of the game

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This, I want to see something dramatic to embarrass the NBA

we should just set illegal screens and elbow and knee out on every illegal screens they set. Turn it into a ****fest and freethrows. foul out everyone so the game is over before it even starts.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think it's time to breakout the Tmac drive mentality. Just scream and grunt every time you're touched. Mix that in with a little Scola, ie shoot yourself out of a cannon, and we'll be good.

Great work, Clutch. I've been screaming about this for two years. I can't believe JVG didn't make a comment last night, though he did call those fouls on us BS.

16. WestendMassive

Curry's reaction in Clutch's tweet really pissed me off.

He ran into Harden, cried to the refs, got the call and celebrated like he just rammed home the game winning 3.

Such an entitled little cocky b*stard. Cannot stand him!

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The warrior fan reactions to the tweet are hilarious. People keep saying "you guys lost by 26" without understanding Curry got 12 points on illegal screens for 3s. That's just Curry. The double standard changes the pace of the game, it changes everything.

18. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

It's not right, but its also nothing new. When a team establishes an identity like the Warriors have, the rules become elastic and the refs let them play their style. Anyone remember how the Sonics used to get away with their illegal defense against Hakeem back in the day? The Knicks would grab and hold on every possession?

Same as in baseball when the pitcher claims the inside of the plate and the strike zone expands. I don't like it, but no point whining about it. Just beat them.

1 person likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention that if illegal screens were actually called on the Warriors when they happen, both Green and Bogut would foul out in the first half.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Bogut had 11 fouls in the first half. Let that sink in. Eleven.

He almost fouled out twice in the first half. Jesus.