1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Get Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sishir Chang, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Or we could do it at Pub Fiction. I'm quite good at getting people in.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Not something I have to worry about after I turned 21. And I didn't realize it at the time, but looking back I realize how stupid it is to let someone draw big black X's on your hands with permanent markers. It's so ghetto, very unflattering. I mean come on now, I don't care how awesome the Club or bar is, letting someone draw HUGE X's on your hands that don't go away for days (just to get in), is r****ded.

Seriously... they GOTTA have a better way to identify underage/overage than that ghetto a** procedure. :rolleyes:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I may drive in from Austin if enough Clutchians are on board.

DD

#23 DaDakota, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Cluthians???

Wanna buy a "c"?

I may have to drag my tired old butt into town for this one.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I like how this thread is right above the "Amateur Texas Tech p*rn" thread.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Sounds like a pretty decent turnout. I was thinking Friday around 6PM or so to catch happy hour

Still open to location.

Maybe we could have a screening at the good together. ;) ;)

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i know...the X's are like bearing the mark of the dumb teenager. i hate it...especially when i'm so close (21 on 9/16). but then again it's not like i'm going to drink with a bunch of strange men anyways. i have the lowest tolerance ever for alcohol. bars are scary. we should meet up at chuck e. cheese, like someone mentioned earlier. at least that way kam would show up.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

call me interested, but up in the air as to whether I will be available.

Fatty

moe is a imported Texan now...expect him to show with shan.(if she *really*comes)

and if I do make it, that might be a good time to bring anything you need me to look at......hint hint nudge nudge say no more. ;)

9. Fatty FatBastard

You and I are good, bro!! (although still not sure what happened to the email sitch) My new assistant was a computer programmer, and she fixed it for free. There are still minor issues, like explorer is fine, but mozilla keeps shutting down...

I digress. I prefer not to be a pain in anyone's ass, so for now, you're good. Still waiting to grab that laptop from storage though. Hopefully I'll have it for ya at this next thingie.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

can we go play some hoops after happy hour?

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The Pearl Bar is the old Mary Jane's on Washington. It's pretty much right between The Heights and Montrose. I like it a lot, but it's only an outdoor bar now. If people prefer something inside, I'm for Rudyard's on Waugh.

All that said, I'll be offline the next several days but will try to check in. Just moved and don't have internet yet.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Stop and Stay on Park Place I hear is a frequent haunt of ex Rocket Robert Reid. It's BYOB and they have live sports trivia/music on Sunday. Dollar beer on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Ask for Dolores

13. Showtizzle2642

that would be a great idea!

14. Sishir Chang

I hadn't considered people not being old enough to drink legally. In Houston can people under 21 be in a bar if they are not drinking? I wouldn't want to shut out any underage clutchfans.

15. Sishir Chang

Hmm...Playing basketball in Houston in July. Something I haven't done since the late 80's. Might be heat stroke coming on. ;)

I'm thinking it might be rough playing hoops after a few drinks so would it make sense to play ball first so then we can have an all ages Clutchfans get together and then those who want to, and legally can, drink go hit a bar after?

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Cool, recently single so I'm down.

At pretty much every bar in town you have to be 21 just to get in the door. Unless we did something like Live/BW3's.

But like Fatty said, he's got connections at Pub Fiction so that may be an option.

17. Sishir Chang

^ I remember going to live the last time I got together with some Clutchfans and that seemed like a pretty good place. Is BW3 in the Village? That could work out as its pretty central and probably easier to get to than Live. If I remember correctly there are some public basketball courts not too far in West U if people want to play hoops.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

There are BW3's locations all over town. The most central would be either The Village or Midtown. Parking sucks at both locations, so it's a tossup.

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm screwed.

I found out over the weekend that I have a blues gig on Friday 7/20. Scooter's Ice House in Pearland.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

oh shyt, you go there? that place is awesome.