1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 2/15/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Matador

Matador Member

2. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Win #8 baby

The Wiz are going down

Roxs 109
    Wiz 91

5. rocfan

rocfan Contributing Member

6. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i don't like the fact that the wiz lost to the hornets last night. sure back-to-back roadies are hard, but they probably got a tongue lashing last night. they're going to be angry and motivated to finish out going into the all star break with a W. i was hoping they'd blowout new orleans.

but then again, rockets are counting the last game against blazers as a loss. i'm sure JVG ripped them a new one in the locker room after the game. we should be fired up as well. i have a feeling we're gonna put up 110+.

8 in a row baby :D

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Eight is great. Anyone know the Rockets' all-time win streak record?

8. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Looks like that freaky dude from Puerto Rico will be guarding Yao some tonight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24919-2005Feb14.html

NEW ORLEANS, Feb. 14 -- Yao Ming, meet Peter John Ramos. The Wizards activated the 7-foot-3 rookie from Puerto Rico on Monday and if center Brendan Haywood gets in foul trouble Tuesday night against the Houston Rockets, Coach Eddie Jordan said he wouldn't hesitate to put Ramos on the court against the 7-6 Yao.

"We don't really like the matchup of Yao with Etan [Thomas] or Michael [Ruffin]," Jordan said about his two forwards, who stand 6-10 and 6-8, respectively. "If we need to match eye-to-eye with Yao Ming, Peter is a good guy to have on the floor. I want a big guy there."

Ramos has played just 12 minutes in three games this season and hadn't seen the court since Nov. 13, when he had one rebound in four minutes in Cleveland. He was placed on the injured list with right shoulder tendinitis on Dec. 1. Ramos had a career-high six points in a 103-93 loss against the Miami Heat, but he didn't get to go head-to-head against Shaquille O'Neal because the game was out of control by the time Ramos entered. Said Ramos about the prospect of facing Yao: "I'm going to give it all I've got. I've been looking forward to this. I've been getting ready for the games."

Ramos will likely have a short stint on the active roster with both guard Larry Hughes (broken right thumb) and forward Kwame Brown (right ankle inflammation) expected to re-join the team after the all-star break. Ramos didn't seem to mind. "I was surprised that I was activated," he said. "I'm just trying to get ready for the next season. I'm using this season just to learn." . . .

The Wizards placed forward Samaki Walker on the injured list with a lower back strain. He has averaged 1.7 points and 1.3 rebounds this season. "Samaki has had some nagging injuries and we said, 'Let's rest Samaki for these two games and activate Peter,' " Jordan said. "Peter's been playing well in practice. He's gotten bigger and stronger, he's learned the offense a lot better. It's a good chance for him." . . .

The Wizards will participate in the 2005 Vegas Summer League from July 6-15 at the Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas. The Wizards were one of six teams to participate last year, but the event has expanded to 16 teams this summer. "What they pulled off last year was first class," Wizards President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld said.

-- Michael Lee

9. qrui

qrui Member

interesting match up ;) reminded me of the korean guy who was supposely a good match to yao a couple of years ago in the asian games. yao destroyed that guy.

10. Gladiator

Gladiator Contributing Member

All time win streak was 15 games in a row to start the 1994 NBA season. The Rockets tied the NBA record that year... Dallas came close to tying it 2 seasons ago, winning 14 in a row to start the season.

ROX 103 Cheese WIZ 89

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"watch out for Gilbert Arenas!"

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

3+2+ & 2+1 = 8

I know, that was weak

13. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

The Wiz will be injury depleted w/out Hughes. He's a big part of their team. Nevertheless, it'll be a tough game.

14. brush

brush Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Houston103-98Washington

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

We'll get it done, but it's going to be a...

[​IMG]

16. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

the WBPS is going to be the force that pushes the 8.

:D ;)

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

time for a let down. Rockets lose by 30.

18. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I think it's strange for them to try Ramos on Yao because Yao loves playing against guys like that. Etan Thomas is exactly the kind of guy that gives Yao problems. Jordan will probably figure that out pretty quick.

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I seem to remember Ramos giving Yao fits in the Olympics or Asian Games, I can't remember which. Yao can't shoot his jumper over him.

20. lalala902102001

Yao generally plays better against big, slow centers and struggles against small, quick defenders. When he plays against someone his own size, his agility may even be an advantage for him.