1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2014.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

McHale must find the solution to play Howard in a right style.
    Howard has hurt our offense and ball movement, and he has hurt our defense recently.
    Maybe Howard needs continue to rest some games
    McHale should play Papa & Cannan

2. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

This!

3. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

And this!:)

4. PeppermintCandy

It sounds like the team is playing with a lot of hesitation. I bet it's hard to play read and react when you're reading your teammates for the first time.

They need a stretch of consecutive days off so that they can get in some practice. It should help them figure out how to mesh.

1 person likes this.
  5. rockpileindisma

My first thought was Dwight but them after hearing him in that interview who knows? My second thought was maybe Michael wants bev to bring the ball up more and harden was not having it. It looked like harden was shying away from the pg role and seemed uninterested at times. But then he ended up with over 30 points so I have no idea. Just for some reason bev and harden seemed off out there together.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I have not seen this game yet, have to see it later. However, considering we have lost by a total of 5 points in 2 games, I feel people are overreacting.

We have so many new pieces it would always take time to put it together. The positive is, with all these issues being brought up the games have all been winnable.

Based on the post game interviews it seems the players are getting frustrated trying to gel and they are letting it hurt there effort and are starting to b**** and moan at each other for mistakes.

Sometimes you have to take a step backward to make another step forward. Also Mchale really needs to step up his game. I have no idea why he got an extension so early. Would have told him any new deal is based on advancing in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Jones is not the best starting 4 by any stretch. Dmo proves as a starter he is equal if not better in the starting line-up. Jones is the only PF to aver 14 and 8? 10 and 6 from DMo is not the far off from Jones. To say he is the best starter by 4 is just dumb and wrong. Between Jones and Dmo it is whoever takes the biggest next step.

Dmo is effective on the block but without Harden and Howard on the floor, yet he consistantly produced playing with them and he and Howard started to develop a good chemistry.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kudos on an excellent post. This is a take well worth reading, folks. Don't be put off because it's more than 3 sentences. ;-)-

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Conditioner. “<a href="https://twitter.com/BarackObama">@BarackObama</a>: Take a moment and say what you’re ready to fight for in 2015”</p>&mdash; James Harden's Beard (@HardenBeard) <a href="https://twitter.com/HardenBeard/status/549986481985421312">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh lawd. His beard is now sentient?!

1 person likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hmm, maybe it's just me but I don't care about these games lol. Yes, the Rox lost 3 in a row, but:

1) They have two new pieces, it takes time to have everyone jell together.
    2) The last two losses are a combined 5 pts, if the Rox made more FTs they would have won anyway.
    3) It's the freakin' holidays, man.

The Rox I know fight hard for every possession, scrap for every rebound and take of the ball. It's highly unlikely the addition of Brewer (high energy guy) and Josh Smith would suddenly make everyone play horrible, more likely everyone is out partying at night and this affects them during the games.

To be honest this part of the season is pretty much dead air until after the all star break anyway, if we were the Lakers now would be the time the Lakers lose a bunch of games because Phil Jackson let's the subs win or lose game to gain experience. I know it sounds crazy but last year at this time Indiana and Portland were ripping everybody up and sent out that tweet about meeting each other in June, we know how that turned out.

Now that the roster is complete (unless Dragic happens) I actually want the Rox to struggle in games, it's better for them to work out the kinks now then have smooth sailing at this time only to fall flat in the playoffs.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lmao! yes and it has a BBIQ of 180 :)

13. rockpileindisma

Knees be jerkin not concernin what nobody wanna say (Sean de Paul)

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He is the best fit next to Dwight. He can get you double digit points without ANY plays ran for him, that is not true for DMo. Jones was taking that next step at the beginning of the season before he got injured, it remains to be seen if he can get back to that level.

DMo has not consistently produced with Harden and Howard on the floor, since Howard has come back he has had one good game and many poor games.

Even before we acquired Smith the starting unit was playing like ass, getting down double digits in almost every game. DMo next to Howard hasn't worked and will most likely never work as well as Jones next to Howard, unless DMo changes his game.

Hopefully Smith learns how to play like Jones, get buckets as a low usage player.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Agreed but it could work if everybody plays their parts and give it 100% all the times. Not only that , cut down on all the careless turnovers. We already know we won't shoot over 70% from the foul line. So they have to limit all the other little flaws.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the end of the day what is most important is

Don't fall out of the Top 5 and survive 2 rounds in the playoffs at least

And fans will be happy no matter how much drama this season holds