1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2012.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

This is the type of game where Mook will pop off for something like 15 & 7. The Wiz will fade quickly, and he'll eat their 2nd unit alive.

#41 MourningWood, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is true. But like I said there needs to be more defined roles. If one of the main 2 playmakers are on the court Carlos really shouldn't be facilitating. He is a major threat in catch & shoot situations (more so than our two play makers) if he is facilitating he will be less effective from the perimeter. So wouldn't it be wise to let our playmakers do what they are best at & let Carlos do what he is best at? All goes back to defining roles.

Another great example is Lin is great in transition, Carlos not so much his passing in transition isn't the best. So why is Carlos running the break. But Carlos is a great perimeter threat trailing behind Lin to spot up so wouldn't it be wise for Lin to run the break & kick out to Carlos trailing at the three point line. The same goes with Parsons to a certain extent.

Credit thought to Delfino is playmaking in the half court is pretty decent, it is in transition where he really isn't very good.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe we can move Patterson to the bench....

4. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Agreed.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if we don't win this game..

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Good chance the Rockets will be back over .500 by the end of the weekend for Monday's matchup at MSG. Interesting to see how the coaches play Lin and Harden.

7. M4-Nightvision

I don't think Lin and Harden can coexist because both need the ball and run plays. In this game Lin is going back to stand in the corner and be mr.belvedere ... while Harden dribble around dancing and shoot a 3's and drive try to get foul.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They easily can...just run plays and give players a role...also if Lin's shot starts falling a lot of things will open up.

Coaches need to trust Lin with the ball more and not rely so much on Harden Harden Harden. It'll take time, it took a while for McGrady and Tmac and guess what? Both players needed the ball.

The whole "He needs the ball" thing is said too much. The truth is, most of the really good players need the ball a bit. There are a few who are exceptions...the ones that are in the mold of Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton, or Martin...but if we got a good post player like say Cousins...he'd need the ball too.

9. rokit

rokit Member

i'm guessing they are focusing more on improving the defense, i doubt we'll see any changes on the offensive end.

can lin continue to shoot well?

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehe everybody needs the ball..i hope Lin will be decisive and attack the basket and shoot freely like Kobe... he must be the leader of the team...

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McGrady and Tmac are not the same player....;)
    I guess it depends on who is hot. Harden is the better scorer so he needs to get the ball from Lin.
    In case Lin is trapped, Harden gets the ball.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

...or Minnesota...

13. ERC

ERC Member

Yes and no, IMO. Why do players have to have "defined" roles? Wouldn't that make the offense too easy to scout and defend?

In one of the recent games (Knicks?) there was one possession where Parsons brought the ball up the court in transition with our backcourt trailing behind. Opposing team was sorta expecting him to wait & pass it to one of the backcourt guards. Instead, he made a beautiful bounce pass to Asik for an easy bucket.

Not saying Delfino should always make plays, but an occasional playmaking here and there that could throw defenders off guard isn't a bad idea.

14. SunsRocketsfan

Does Tmac have split personality. Is he a schizo? Or did he get cloned? when did this happen?

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Going to the game! Pretty stoked, only my second game this year in Houston. Live in LA so I go whenever I can. Hope to see an a@@ whoopin'

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Knicks are a terrible transition defensive team though. Context is key.

And I never said occasional playmaking is a problem. I am cool with that. But in some players cases they get overly carried away and start making dumb decisions. Particularly with young players. That is why more defined roles are important. Additionally you want to put players in a position that they are most successful in. The back court is more successful at playmaking than anybody else so wouldn't it make sense for them to make the vast majority of the plays? That is what I mean by defined roles. Never said it should be a dictatorship. Just a thought.

17. Jedster

Jedster Member

No doubt. Tmac is far better than McGrady.
    McGrady is a ball hog. Should have deferred to Tmac and Rockets would have been champions.

18. trock

trock Member

Hmmm ... a team that struggles to score 100 pts in regulation vs. a team that regularly gives up 100+ pts to their opponents. It would be nice to see a little defensive resistance tonight.

19. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LiwSUxszuN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PvkXmMcGfLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

great for you buddy! enjoy!