1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 1/30/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2016.

1. You Stone

You Stone Member

Since Thanksgiving:

Lost 3 in a row
    Won 1
    Lost 4 in a row
    Won 4 in a row (Dwight gets hurt after the first win)
    Dwight returns and Lost 3 in a row

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree at this point.

Dmo isn't going to change anything at all.

I can't quite pinpoint what's worng with this team.

Defense just seems to easy to say but I just can't buy that they haven't improved at all in 50 games? Very strange.

What's even stranger is the core in Harden, Howard, bev and Ariza all seem to still like each other.

If it is the other guys then they need to go because their not the leaders like those guys are.

I think coaching is a big problem with this team. JB has a lot of positives but it's really starting to become obvious with his rotations and timeouts that he is just new to this head coaching thing. That's to be expected but not on a team that has a dwight Howard and James Harden.

I still would try my hardest in the offseason to keep dwight even if you have to overpay. He's still the 2nd best center to cousins in the league and he's been playing great the past 25 games.

Harden is Harden if you take away his first month he's the same player as last season. Which is a top 5 caliber mvp player.

You bet your last dollar that if the rockets had say th clippers or okc record right now he would be in the top 5 mvp candidates again for the 3rd year in a row. He's not the problem.

I still like ariza and bev I just think that one or the other needs to start while the other comes off the bench. I just think we need more playmaking from one or the other spots (ty Lawson sucks don't give me his name)

PF is a problem and I don't want to pin my hopes on DMO at this point. Unless he comes back and plays the final 25 games and playoffs im not comfortable with him even being our first big off the bench let alone starter.

With that said if we can upgrade the SF position attain a real PF resign Dwight and add 2 shooters along with getting a gooe veteran coach this team will take off and be better than even last year.

Bev/?
    JH/3&D
    ?/Ariza
    ?/dmo
    Howard/Capela

I don't know who those guys would be but it doesn't have to be Durant.

Although if we can get him and we should try our hardest he's the best one to get. But just more talent and smarter players would do this team wonders.

I still believe that H&H can get it done, imo dwight is having his best season as a rocket even if the numbers don't say so Harden for whatever reason clearly wasn't in shape to start the season (we sis hear he sprained his ankle bad this summer) he is now and he's back to his top 5 player games again.

Grab a thibbs and a few upgrades with the cap space and the rockets can be right back up in the top 4 of the west.

The clips are only going to get worse imo as is the okc because I don't think Durant stays unless they win the championship which I think we all agree is slim to none.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Typical Rockets.

Surprised there's not a daily betting thread on which player will go off on Houston that night.

January
    Avg: 108.4

[​IMG]

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I still can't believe we are starting Corey Brewer.

DD

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

JB says he's a winner; how can you not start him?

1 person likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Our punishment must be more severe

8. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hh2bIrbroKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

For you.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dudley admits to committing a foul, NBA says nope. Do I have this right?
    Q4 01:58.0
    Foul: Personal
    Committing player: Patrick Beverley
    Disadvantaged player: Jared Dudley
    Incorrect Call
    RHH and R-Slash shows that Beverley (HOU) and Dudley (WAS) stumble and collide. No foul is warranted.

Q4 01:33.0
    Foul: Loose Ball
    Committing player: Jared Dudley
    Disadvantage player: James Harden
    [Incidental or immaterial] Dudley (WAS) and Harden (HOU) engage under the rim.

Q4 01:13.0
    Foul: Personal
    Committing player: Ty Lawson
    Disadvantaged player: John Wall
    Correct Call
    Lawson (HOU) makes contact with Wall (WAS) that affects his RSBQ.

Q4 01:00.0
    Foul: Shooting
    Disadvantaged player: James Harden
    Correct Call
    Dudley (WAS) makes contact with Harden (HOU) that affects his drive to the basket and shot attempt.

Q4 00:39.0
    Committing player: James Harden
    Incorrect Non-Call
    Harden (HOU) grabs Wall's (WAS) right arm, affecting his drive to the basket and shot attempt.

Q4 00:38.2
    Instant Replay: Support Ruling
    Correct Call
    After communicating with the Replay Center, the ruling on the court that possession be awarded to Washington was upheld.

Q4 00:32.2
    Committing player: Garrett Temple
    Correct Call
    Temple (WAS) makes contact with Harden's (HOU) body that affects his drive to the basket and shot attempt.

Q4 00:11.9
    Committing player: James Harden
    Correct Non-Call
    Harden (HOU) maintains legal guarding position as he defends Wall's (WAS) drive to the basket and shot attempt.

Q4 00:05.3
    Correct Non-Call
    Dudley (WAS) maintains a legal guarding position on Harden's (HOU) drive and attempt. The mere fact that there is hand contact, whether intentional or not, does not constitute a foul. Contact must affect the player's RSBQ to be a foul, and it does not in this case.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Josh Smith has 2 consecutive game only playing under 20mins, but still has great shooting.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Jb needs to design a new defensive strategy.

The team is actually playing but they cant stop anybody.

This team would be competing for a top 3 seed if the defense wasnt near dead last in the league.

13. WestendMassive

Today I learned that pushing someone in the back does not affect their rhythm, speed, balance or quickness! Thanks NBA - you're always educating people!

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no way! i gotta try that in my next pickup games. i always get beat on defense but im quick enough to stay behind. maybe i can give my man a forearm shiver in the back when he's in the air. if he gets mad i'll quickly get on my phone and show them this post. "accordign to the nba, i can push you in the back. see, its right here."

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is why I have been merely annoyed instead of blindingly angry with the losses. The Rockets are playing hard just dumb af.