1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. SemisolidSnake

What is this in response to?

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think it’s throwing the towel in anger

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not just the most dominant force in the league??

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

people thought his pre game towel throw was some disrespect. well social media tried to make it that way. people on the outside who have no idea on how personnel relationships exists within their own team

Deckard likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

Let's give the Rockets D some kudos.
    This tweet confirms that.

Pundits trying to make excuses that Warriors are just not 'playing well'.
    There IS a reason for that. DEFENSE
    But, remember. The media believes that MDA (or Harden) doesn't believe in defense
    so it MUST be something else

NICE JOB BOYS. We see you

#2986 Remlap, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Not bad for someone the media says 'doesn't play defense'

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why I get so frustrated when he tries to do it all and is too tired. We are a team and 7 step back 3s in 10 minutes isn't always best. One man won't beat them.

Remlap likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is so f*cking Classic!!

Rocket River

10. mikol13

Supporting Member

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I just want to take this time to thank @mikol13

Appreciate all the info

Fyreball, Deckard, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The rebounding has been crazy, have been outrebounding the Worriers by 9 or 10 per game.

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  13. mikol13

Supporting Member

Thank you, sir.

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. mikol13

Supporting Member

I believe this is so true. Hope the guys can keenip that we are not going to lose mentality. Keep fighting every possession.

Remlap and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. Roc Paint

I’ve always believed that Defense wins championships and the Rockets are proving me right

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets 2019 Championship confirmed!

Roc Paint and mikol13 like this.
  18. mikol13

Supporting Member

19. Roc Paint

I see it

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Still partially can't believe the series is tied right now but I am really happy it is.

Few thoughts now that its been at least 12 hours since the game ended.

• Chris Paul needs to be more aggressive with his shot. He started to show some of that in the 4th quarter but that has to be there in game 5 on the road. I think that he doesn't want to ISO as much since James has taken it to another level this season and that others "need to eat" but he shouldn't be sacrificing as much as he is doing. Maybe James should scale back some of his shots back to Paul.
    • Gordon has been so amazing this post season. Outside of Tucker he has been the most reliable and consistent player
    • Tucker - can't say enough about him the only thing I wish was for him to hit that 3 that would have sealed the game with under a minute or so to go
    • Shumpert was really bad. I mean he was making so many defensive mistakes on switches which was mind boggling because he shouldn't be. I don't know if he just isn't used to the scheme but he has been with the team long enough to know by now.
    • Gerald Green is literally unplayable he did hit that 3 but when he came in he left STEPH CURRY to double team Draymond Green of all people from behind. Steph who was already hot at the time hit the 3. Green ball watches way too much and switching requires you to be disciplined. This could be Shumpert's issue as well.
    • Rivers - man I truly believe despite the terrible no-calls in game 1 if Rivers played the Rockets would have won that game. He just is relentless and I hope he gets more minutes in the upcoming games.
    • Capela - He needs to find a way to be able to be productive and stay on the court. If the Rockets weren't so effective with the small ball lineup when Looney is on the court I would suggest to have Capela in when Looney is. He played big in the first half in game 3 but has been marginalized the rest of the series. He averaged 15ppg and nearly 15rpg against the Warriors in the regular season - granted some of those stats is buoyed by the 29/21 game he had back in Jan. The Warriors lineup is different one of the things that made the Rockets such a threat against GS last season in the playoffs was Capela's ability to switch and still defend on the perimeter. He hasn't been nearly as effective this series compared to last series. He needs to come out and show it on defense.
    • What few bench guys the Rockets have need to be productive. The Warriors are getting nothing from their bench and thats the one advantage Houston has. I hope House is available to play for MDA in game 5 just so he can throw out another versatile body. If House plays like he did in game 2 you pull him. Hoping that he studied over the last week what he should and shouldn't be doing against GS.
    • Late in the 4th when Harden checked back in the Rockets took too many 3s and missed almost all of them and many of them were short, indicative of tired legs. This is why the bench is so important. MDA mainly played Rivers/Tucker/Harden/Gordon/Paul in the second half and didnt see to much of the bench guys. If the bench guys can be productive and give a few more minutes rest to the starters they can be fresher to end the game compared to the Warriors starters, especially now when the games are every other day. The Warriors starters are logging more minutes compared to the Houston starters and I do think its effecting them. I do not believe Curry, Klay and maybe even Draymond are used to playing so many minutes in a series.

Deuce and Hakeemtheking like this.