1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Translation: For most of the game James was doing it by himself but he has to stop doing it by himself

Rocket River

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Where's the highlight of Harden's midrange step back in the 4th? Should make some of y'all happy he took that lol. :p

jnuge90 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you mean the one in the paint? meh. better than nothing isuppose.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Voltik

Voltik Member

That picture of that stats and adv stats is one of the best I’ve seen and shows 95% of stats in just 1 picture. I wonder where I could get access to those for the other games in this series?

hakeem94, bulkatron and mikol13 like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

based on the refs announced for tonite's games, i think we probably get ken mauer for game 5

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Oliver May be presenting them after every game.

Voltik likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A True fan

Rocket River

8. mikol13

Supporting Member

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

also shootout to the 2 greatest playoffs chokers ever
    [​IMG]

Nick_713 and ramotadab like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

this was just beautiful

11. mikol13

Supporting Member

12. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yikes. I’ll take it, though.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Those who have played organized, full court basketball know that it's not a video game.
    Legs get tired, lungs are gasping for air. These guys make it look easy, but it's far from that.

No matter HOW conditioned and in-shape a player may be, the body is like a battery. It only has SO much it can give.
    Your statement about James playing fast paced in the first half and then slowing it down is evidence of this.
    The step back 3's same thing. Driving around, and sprinting past people takes great effort and energy.
    Walking it up the court and putting up a step back conserves energy instead of having to dodge, dart and try
    and sprint around your defender every time. Not to mention that the player is also having to defend on the other end
    (at a championship level).

James typically is pulled with a few minutes left in 1st Q and also 3rd Q to be inserted about the 8 min mark
    in the 3rd Q (to finish out the half) and also the 4th Q (to close the game).
    I noticed last night that James was in the game at the start of the 4th Q. I believe he played pretty much the WHOLE quarter.
    NO REST, if any.
    To sit in front of the television and criticize for not playing full speed on every play is short sighted.

You could try this yourself. Go to your local football arena that has some high bleacher seats and
    run up/down the bleachers 100 times. But don't forget to time yourself during the last 25 reps to see
    if you've slowed down at all from when you started.

Just sayin'. Most of these guys leave it all out on the floor each night. Watch how they sprint on pretty much EVERY play.
    I've seen people criticize James before for not driving on EVERY play. It's just not physically practical.
    I may question some of his boneheaded turnovers, but late in the game I don't question his reluctance or inability to drive.

And let's not forget. James' numbers are keeping pace with Kevin Durant (former MVP himself).
    However, Durant has 3 other All-Stars on the floor to draw attention away from him

#2954 Remlap, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. mikol13

Supporting Member

Wear him out. This really could be a factor the longer this series goes.

joshuaao, Harrisment, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  16. mikol13

Supporting Member

Gordon’s D cannot be talked about enough.

#2956 mikol13, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

James wilts in the playoffs?
    Check out the Tweet above

[​IMG]

mikol13 likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

No, Harden was not doing “it” by himself early like he did late, whatever that means for you. We mixed it up early and then went for the iso show exclusively late.

Many people will probably like your post, because somehow a poster with his own name after every post looks cool, but if you don’t know what I’m saying then watch that game again and come back with something smarter.

Rocket Rivers run deep

Doc Rivers

Up stream, down Hill

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm getting annoyed how many pundits are basically saying GS is just not playing at their peak level and the Rockets are taking advantage, but it's not like the Rockets have been perfect either.

CP3 and Capela have not have big games. Maybe spurts and a few great plays, but you normally expect more from them.
    Rockets have had a few games with good 3 pt percentage but have yet to go off with 20+ like they do every so often.
    Harden has been consistently great this playoff, but he has yet to have one of those legendary games that he was having regularly this season.

hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  20. mikol13

Supporting Member