1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

If James wasn’t mugged on 8 different shots for no calls on game 1 or had his full eye sight In Game 2 I believe he would be around 170 points right now and we’ll and truly better efficency then Durant.

#2901 riko, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

rockets fans have a huuuuuge inferiority complex

and btw whats with all this is going to 7 games or gotta steal one at road losers mentality??

just win the next game and close them in game 6 here.... rockets are the better team..
    and its not even close...this series is 3-1 and rs series is also 3-1

plus they won game 2 solely on our guys being shaken from the rig job in game 1, harden injury and the presence of the foster

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ITS A MUST WIN

ramotadab, Remlap and saleem like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahhahahahha!

Theking likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

KD has played 180 minutes through four games. He hasn’t had to play that many minutes in a playoff since 2016, against GS…when his legs died in the final three and he lost his jump shot.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

We have to stop falling into the trap of slowing the pace down. Every time we get a decent lead it is by attacking early in the shot clock and putting the defense on their heels. Then we slow the pace down to a crawl and the Warriors come right back.

If this team can learn how to keep the pace up, we might get to watch them raise a trophy this year.

7. Roxs-Redemption

I'm sure you figured as I have, I will keep posting his content Rockets related when I can. His a very wholesome Jazz fan, really rare of a fan of any NBA team this compassionate to other teams, especially after our team beat theirs in the playoffs. Give him some credit in the comments.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That last 10 minutes had me on edge. No centers, Durant knocking Paul around like a rag doll, and James reverting back to Hero ball. James, I can love him and hate him all in the same game.

The first half James played great team ball, kept up a fast pace, mixing it up with his shots, and not turning over the ball. Those last 10 minutes almost blew the game for us when he reverted back to his Hero ball and kept doing step back 3's over and over. Those 7 missed shots from behind the arc in less than 10 minutes had me going from excited and happy to a nervous wreck.

It didn't help matters to see Durant getting away with tossing Paul around like little rag doll. Man, I was ready for Nene to come in and start swinging some elbows around. That, and we needed Clint to snag some of those offensive rebounds. They were grabbing all the missed 3's. Then, the way they started scoring in the paint with ease had me going crazy with frustration.. We couldn't touch them, yet they could whack our arms off. That was too close for comfort, but I was screaming for joy at the end.

#2908 deb4rockets, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I am still livid about Green's gouging of Harden's eyes, and Durants elbow to the head of James, Durant's tossing Paul to the ground twice, and Klay undercutting James all those times with no fouls. Our guys would have gotten technicals for some of this stuff. The league can't keep allowing Green and Durant to play so dirty. Man I hate that team. I just want to get past this team and move on to round 3. I just despise dirty Green and Durant, and can't stomach hearing "Hampton 5", "Splash Brothers", or looking at Curry chewing his mouthpiece much longer.

My satisfaction other than the winnng these last two obviously was seeing Curry and Thompson playing mediocre once again.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A great post. The defense does get tighter and more physical in the fourth quarter, but iso's can be limited by breaking down the defense. Houston's biggest strength is having two top notch passers. You're right we have to continue moving the ball, shots will fall. Harden will have an easier time to make some threes too.
    Tuck is the heart and soul of the team, and Harden is brilliant at his best.

Our guys can certainly grab Game 5.
    A big game from Chris Paul is needed, and Capela needs to rebound/ defend.

Go Houston Rockets for the win!

hakeem94, RyanB and deb4rockets like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yes baby! That's what I'm talking about. Make it real!

saleem and RyanB like this.
  14. RyanB

RyanB Member

Fearless prediction, and I know I'll get killed lol: the Rockets grab a dog fight win Wednesday in Oakland and close out the series at home with House back

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You've got that right!!!!!!!!!

mikol13 and saleem like this.
  16. Voltik

Voltik Member

Tuck was so focused on that play, he jumped anticipating where the ball would be much before Curry. He has that focus throughout the game, except few plays to close out the shooter especially in the 4th where he started heading back and they got the rebound with Curry making that 3. Tucker has amazing focus and heart. I hope he makes it through this series without tiring out and playing with that same intensify, while hitting shots at high clip.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mario Elie the spirit of ClutchFans!

Go Houston Rockets! You can win Game 5.

fckbandwagons, Voltik and mikol13 like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

We should actually be happy with what they're doing, because it shows they are afraid and feel they need to do some of those things to get us off our game. We are in their heads!

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Every time I watch PJ Tucker I love him even more. My heart is about to burst. Man, I just love how he pours his heart and soul into fighting for every play. What a warrior!!

PJ, Thank You for all you do!!!!!!!!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Not at the expense of injuring our guys though. I was terrified about concussions on Rivers game 3 and Harden last night. We need these guys safe and healthy.