1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/4/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2019.

1. JazzLakerHater

I think I might pass on this one. I’m still so depressed from the first two games...

BigShasta, CK Johnson and hakeem94 like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm never giving up on my team....go rockets f the non believer then they have the nerve to say I'm not a rockets fans lol. Yea right some of yall get when the going gets tough. I'm riding till I die

rocketsmetalspd, Cstyle42 and HP3 like this.
  3. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

How is Harden's eye, any update?

4. Buck Turgidson

Took the ball to the basket....

5. JW86

JW86 Member

I want to see a dogfight, cannot just lay down.

rocketsmetalspd and vjohnson like this.
  6. Voltik

Voltik Member

Great idea for a game sign with Harden’s eye Rockets red, GSW undies Yellow pee

BeBreezy, hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We must play like we want to win. No lazy, sloppy ball handling, or passes into the hands of our opponents. Its up to our leaders now to be our smartest, most focused players. We can't turn the ball over and give them extra chances to score.

Play like McCollum and Millard did last night in 118 minutes with only 3 turnovers. Harden and Paul have 19 turnovers in 126 minutes of play. That's 8 more minutes and 16 more turnovers. We are better than this. Time to just do it.

BeBreezy, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Voltik

Voltik Member

After this breakdown of lineups and matchups, I would highly favor it against their small lineup. The starting lineup can practically switch everything and not give up too much on defense. The players will have to rebound as a team and box out each Worrier and be active in rebounding. The offense will have issues without the lob threat, but there are 3 that can create shots and penetrate to the rim. We should run more motion offense with the lineup if ISO doesn’t work or atleast force more switches early with Curry.

I would switch Faried on Jerebko and Nene on Bogut, as Jerebko is quicker and Bogut much slower.

waytookrzy079 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#PrayforHouston

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Getting a Rockets win today. Most will still be down on the team but then when we win game 4 that's when the fair weathers show back up.

waytookrzy079, Voltik and mike2k132 like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Golden State @ Houston James Capers (#19) John Goble (#30) Sean Wright (#4) Mark Lindsay (#29)

whiskeyred and pippendagimp like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

2-2.

Like Hakeem told Kenny, just gotta win the two here. Then another two and we’re on to the WCF.

13. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

If we don’t come out with fire then we need to find a second star that has that heart and will to want to dominate and win. I like that morey doesn’t tank but we may need to waste one year to get a young hungry guard. I thought that was going to be the guard we drafted but he was just trade bait.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Do not play soft!!!

MiddleMan likes this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Capela was totally negative on the court for past 2 games. I hope this game different.

MiddleMan likes this.
  16. Voltik

Voltik Member

I mean 4 penetrators and shot creators in starting lineup offsetting the lob threat. It would be a sharp contrast to how we have been playing last 2 years.

17. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

I really dont wanna see a sweep..Pull this one out Rockets!

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to be old school, but agree with those that think a message needs to be sent. Either manimal gets some early minutes and throws some elbows Green's way, or Harden sacrifices an early offensive foul going right at Green and raising a knee to dude's sternum as Green takes the charge. Just something brutal.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I bought some Harden vol 3s yesterday hoping they might provide some luck. You know, Harden volume threes might help us hit more threes in game three?

Turns out they claim to be lucky on the inside of the tongue.

[​IMG]

If they work and we beat Golden State in this series, I'll probably wear them for every important game for the rest of my life.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm asking for a few hundred friends 'cause lord knows I'm no hater. I guess I do whine though.. about refs. Squeaky wheel doh.. squeaky wheel.