1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Youre a special kind of stupid

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

For all the flak LBJ took for his 'taking his talents to Miami' press conference, he redeemed himself
    in MY book by going back home to CLE and taking a mediocre team on his shoulders and winning a championship.
    THAT's how you do it.

In the case of Kevin 'bandwagon' Durant, he got punked TWICE by the Warriors and then
    decided to team up with his nemesis so HE could be on the 'winner' instead.
    LBJ didn't go to a championship team in either case. He helped MAKE them champions.
    THAT's the major difference you are glossing over.

Durant's situation is like some punks out taking other kids' lunch money
    and so one of the victims befriends the punks and becomes one of their gang so
    he can take the OTHER kids' lunch money along with them to try and make himself feel more important.
    LBJ joined the 'victims' group and became king of the hill instead.
    One is a bandwagon ring chaser, the other is a true champion and hero. TOTAL opposites.
    KD is WEAK

#3442 Remlap, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You get it......a team that had 28 points in the paint out of 101 vs. 56 points in the paint out of 92. First team gives up 22 FT (6 hack a Capela), the other 14 FT. What's difficult to understand ?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. AuburnRocket

Kerr said on postgame that "we had 4 fouls in 55 seconds"...Kerr "They must have had 15 more possessions than we did "

#3444 AuburnRocket, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Alright, I'm back as promised, to apologize. I apologize.

Tfor3 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lmao we good.

Those refs were trash and we missed 3s. So dissapointing lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

And?

Tfor3 and AuburnRocket like this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

WELP.
    I don't know if I'm more upset with the officials shaving points or our new NBA 'record' for choking 3 pointers.
    Either way, UNTIL NEXT SEASON. . . .

[​IMG]

BigShasta, tmacfor35 and Surfguy like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

I think you get into shooting FTs real quick when that happens, true ?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Should've attacked Thompson more when he had those 3 early fouls. I saw PJ kept raising his hand calling for the ball while Harden just kept dribbling across the court. That's about the only thing that went our way early when it came to calls.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  11. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

You know bothers me the nost, we were suppose to have HOME COURT ADVANTAGE! DAMN IT

Tfor3 and AuburnRocket like this.
  12. AuburnRocket

ABSOLUTELY....you got Thompson with 3 fouls with 8+ minutes in the FIRST QUARTER...he goes back in in the 2nd and you don't go at him...UNREAL !

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Game7

Game7 Member

Worst part was watching people leave with 3 or so minutes left. You may have lost hope, but you stick around and cheer them on for a great season. As I was leaving the stadium, i heard "let's go astros" as I kept cheering "let's go rockets!" This kid said to me, "the next rockets game isn't until september." You cheer these guys until the end! Children...

14. AuburnRocket

That's sad leaving with 3 minutes left but I have to say our crowd was out of this world for Game 5 and 7 I thought.

Game7 likes this.
  15. Game7

Game7 Member

I was there for every home playoff game. Game 5 against the jazz was amazing. Both game 5 and 7 of this series were great too.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

The refs did their part, but Rockets didn't make it easy for themselves either. Harden's legs have not been the same, those first threes were adrenaline and then all pretty much short and same goes for all these guys. It was our strategy that got us in the end. The crowd could've given us that boost in the 2nd half, but it was just not there. I'm done with this though, because the reason we shot so many threes is because the refs decided to stop calling fouls in the 2nd and 3rd quarter in particular. The holding, KD grabbed Capela in the 1st or 2nd quarter before he let go to give Capela the shot and those moving wrestling moves to get our guys out of the way on some threes, the 3pt foul shots etc. It was pathetic. We should work on our strategy though, because you can't keep shooting like this or get some players who are more consistent. We have too many inconsistent shooters to pull this off. Hope they can do it and the missed threes will overshadow anything else, but make no mistake: the refs rigged this enough for the Warriors to win. Rockets will keep quiet just like all the others, so not sure how to think about that. Anyway..

17. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Another special kind of stupid

18. AuburnRocket

Ah man ! You're lucky ! I got to see us win Game 7 against the Knicks...it was unreal. Cars absolutely coming to a standstill on the freeway there...cars honking, people going crazy. Something I'll always remember.

Game7 likes this.
  19. AuburnRocket

5 fouls gets you shooting FT, no ? Ah, my bad...you are commenting on Stupid-part 2 for this person, I see.

20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I wish the league would be prosecuted.

hakeem94 likes this.