1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/24/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 23, 2018.

1. dannah

dannah Member

I think everyone here does, and most people in america do too :)

2. kiwirocketsfan

Holy Mother of, What the, Oh my, WOW!!

Warriors are still the favourites, gotta keep thinking negatively..... but.... HOPE

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Tomorrow afternoon usually. Go to sleep and think positively.

adw likes this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Of course he does now that CP3 is hurt.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think CP3 will not play Game 6. Season's over for him.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw man America loves Kerr. They think his shtick is funny for real.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Even if the world is against the Rockets, even if the universe itself wants to stop our team, I'll still root for them like a motherf*cker! I see people celebrating the Cp3 injury on social media, and it makes me sick to my stomach. That being said, I think the majority of basketball fans are on the Rox's side and want them to beat the Hampton Idiots

James Harden was instrumental in the victory today. Yes, he shot the ball pretty badly (and that's an understatement) but his tenacity on defense could not be questioned, and he also had that crucial late game assist to EGo.

Speaking of Eric Gordon, he showed today why he's not only a star-level player, but someone who can show flashes of superstarism. In my opinion, he outplayed both Thompson and Curry, especially on the defensive end where his wingspan, strength, and quickness gave every matchup trouble.

Cp3 is a damn hero. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Capela showed up in a big way in the 1st quarter, and helped set the tone for one of the most tense, crazy games I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

Ariza and Tucker hounded the hell out of the Warriors, and exposed their softness and mediocre coaching...and of course, Gerald Green was dynamite as always.

ONE GAME AWAY! FIVE FROM WINNING IT ALL!

I'm sending positive vibes to CP3 and the Rockets!!!!!

8. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Unleash Qi! Any chance he can guard Durant?

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It just hit me when noticing that only Shaq has the Santa Fe ribbon, didn't Shaq have a house down near there?

I know he had a place in S Houston at one point.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

CP3 tried to gut it out with a knee injury he was dealing with in training camp and left in the first quarter. He then proceeded to miss nearly a month. He did not have a triple double in the season opener at Oracle.

Vivi likes this.
  11. kiwirocketsfan

Hell, with the way EGo is playing we'd be ok. Worry about the depth though. are we ready to ride and die with GG?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think the more technical term would be "Strained Anus" otherwise known as butthurt.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@ashleyem prognostication means good things.. ash is usually wrong.. We appreciate you, ash!

rocks123 and adw like this.
  14. dannah

dannah Member

i can't, my heart is still pounding :) will try

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Any chance? Are you kidding me?

He could shut down Durant in his sleep.

17. Wylo

Wylo Member

Most missed threes in the playoffs. Congrats. Also holds most turnovers in a playoff game.

Joking aside, this is why I constantly rag on Harden to develop some semblance of midrange game. You want to only play for layups and threes? Fine, but you're not as good as LeBron in driving to the rim and not as good as Curry in shooting threes. Relying on foul calls is also very risky and unpredictable, because you never know when the refs will choose to swallow their whistle.

So what happens when Harden is not making his threes? He's not LeBron and can't attack the rim successfully every single time. Sure, Harden is pretty good at that, but still limited due to his physical athleticism. Lack of reliable midrange game is the sole reason why Harden suffers from so many of these terrible duds, because his go-to-moves are extremely limited, and when one or two of those don't work on any given night, Harden literally becomes one dimensional player.

Lillard is actually very similar in this way, and we all know what happened to him this year in the playoffs.

#3537 Wylo, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    buffalobills!!! likes this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Any chance we can transplant a Ryno hammy into CP3s leg before game 6?

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I thought that’s why we were paying him $20mm. It’s like that movie the island, we just don’t have the cloning bit down yet.