1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/23/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 22, 2015.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

How did they come back 1-3 v. the Clips? And down 19 points in an elimination at the end of the 3rd?

Can you just freaking admit the Warriors are just on another level?

2. t_mac1

This is why the GARM is unbearable.

Dwight/Jones/Smith were the reasons the Rockets weren't eliminated v. the Clips. They were raved. Harden was a ghost, and people said he had no heart.

After games 1/2 v. the Warriors, it's the opposite.

Now after game 3, it's the opposite again.

*******, Bev wouldn't do nothing. The Warriors are 7-0 v. Houston this year for a reason. They're the better team. Instead of making excuses like no heart, no passion, no effort.... just say they're better.

You think those guys suddenly lose heart and passion from games 2 and 3. OR maybe the warriors took it up a notch b/c they also felt they didn't play well? When the Warriors are at the best, the Rockets can't compete. The Warriors are a great team historically statistically.

The Heat got destroyed last year in the Finals by the Spurs. Nobody said they played with no heart or passion. The Spurs were just the better team.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Who are we kidding at this point? No team is going to beat the Warriors in this season's playoffs and certainly not down 0-3. Curry is just unbelievable and you want to ring his little neck every time he has an incredible play that occurs way too often. He makes these 3 pointers look so easy. The Warriors are a lock to win the finals. Lebron is about to get his own taste of Curry. Rockets can...cough...try to win a game after going 0-7 playing GS. We're way past embarrassment at this point. This is flat out domination and demolition.

Just get the inevitable over with. Start planning that parade over there. I can't wait to see Cleveland get a taste of this. This is one of those seasons where the team with the best record lives up to that and the hype in the post season. All you can do is tip your hat to them. Just pray for mercy this next game to try to keep it close.

The problem here is not that the Rockets can't win a game playing GS as much as They have to play at a level that is higher than GS plays at for longer stretches...and just haven't been able to do it especially with Curry hitting every damn shot imaginable any time he feels like it is needed.

Still rooting for the Rockets but it's more like prayers at this point. You can start by showing some pride and just winning one game. This 0-7 stuff is starting to look like Rockets can't win playing this team ever. I can't remember the Rockets being dominated so badly like this. I'm having flashbacks to Dale Ellis and Seattle. I may need some therapy here. lol

#1883 Surfguy, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  4. PJ86

PJ86 Member

35 points...how do you lose by 35 points!! Warriors have our number, but losing by that much is just weird, maybe we're drained from the Clippers series and have given our all in game 1 &2.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Man, some of you guys need some real perspective. A couple of shots, a couple calls, we would be up 2-1 while having HCA. Jesus. We still have picks, we still have trade options, we still have cap space. We aren't the clips who will be boned with the DJ situation. We aren't the Blazers who are going to lose the best piece they have. Hell, we aren't the Spurs who finally have started to age.

This has been a great season, and anyone attacks the Rockets is an ******* who is taking away from this season's greatness. We came back from 3-1, we fought in spite of all the injuries, we have done so much. Do I wish we didn't lose by so much last night? Sure, but unlike the douches in GS win lose or draw we never got smug about how good we were, we just played. I am so damned proud of this team, from players to the coach to the GM.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Terry is just old. Curry must have felt like practice out there. I wonder how many times Curry would have landed hard on his ass had they played the Detroit Pistons of Bill Laimbeer and co., because that is exactly the type of hard play that is needed to beat a team like GS. Hell, Memphis came the closest until Tony Allen went out with his injury.

7. t_mac1

You are aware the Rockets lost 25+ points twice to the Clips right?

They lack the shut down defense to keep games close when they go on these offensive droughts, which they do go on.

Clips and Warriors are too good offensively to go on long periods of offensive ineptitude, esp. for a whole game.

The Rockets shot 33% yesterday. You don't shoot that well v. the Warriors and expect the game to be close.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I blame the jackass "fan" in the rockets shirt courtside trying to high five curry after hitting threes. Yeah, it was over by then, but he seems as good a scapegoat as any... getting tired of blaming TJones and Smoov... that's too easy.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

They've lost 8 straight to Golden State.

Previous 8 games before that? 7-1.

L5: 0-5
    L10: 2-8
    L15: 6-9
    L20: 10-10

February 5th, 2013: 140-109 Houston Rockets victory -- Warriors intentionally foul to stop Rockets from setting record in blowout

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_en9lVvBPxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sc0POK52mp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Head Coach: Mark Jackson

Starting lineup:
    Stephen Curry
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    David Lee
    Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    Jarrett Jack
    Kent Bazemore
    Carl Landry
    Richard Jefferson
    Draymond Green
    Charles Jenkins
    Festus Ezeli
    Andris Biedrins
    Brandon Rush(DNP)
    Jeremy Tyler(DNP)

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

Starting lineup:
    Jeremy Lin
    James Harden
    Chandler Parsons
    Patrick Patterson
    Omer Asik

Bench:
    Marcus Morris
    James Anderson
    Toney Douglas
    Greg Smith
    Patrick Beverley
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Cole Aldrich(DNP)
    Carlos Delfino(DNP)
    Terrence Jones(DNP)

What has changed since then?

Head Coach:
    <strike>Mark Jackson</strike> Steve Kerr

Starting lineup:
    Stephen Curry
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    <strike>David Lee</strike> Draymond Green
    Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    <strike>Jarrett Jack</strike> Shaun Livingston
    <strike>Kent Bazemore</strike> Andre Iguodala
    <strike>Carl Landry</strike> James Michael McAdoo
    <strike>Richard Jefferson</strike> Justin Holiday
    <strike>Draymond Green</strike> David Lee
    <strike>Charles Jenkins</strike> Leandro Barbosa
    Festus Ezeli
    <strike>Andris Biedrins</strike> Marreese Speights
    Brandon Rush
    <strike>Jeremy Tyler</strike> Ognjen Kuzmic

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

Starting lineup:
    <strike>Jeremy Lin</strike> Jason Terry
    James Harden
    <strike> Chandler Parsons</strike> Trevor Ariza
    <strike>Patrick Patterson</strike> Josh Smith
    <strike>Omer Asik</strike> Dwight Howard

Bench:
    <strike> Marcus Morris</strike> Corey Brewer
    <strike>James Anderson</strike> Kostas Papanikolaou
    <strike>Toney Douglas</strike> Pablo Prigioni
    <strike>Greg Smith</strike> Clint Capela
    Patrick Beverley
    Donatas Motiejunas
    <strike>Cole Aldrich</strike> Joey Dorsey
    <strike>Carlos Delfino</strike> K.J. McDaniels
    Terrence Jones
    IN: Nick Johnson

Since that game, the Rockets are 4-9 against Golden State.

This was a team that owned Golden State.

#1889 J.R., May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Clearly upgrading their coach, the emergence of Green, and Curry/Thompson upgrading their play were big improvements along with a better bench. Oh and they're all actually playing since they're healthy all season.

11. ikinengland

ikinengland New Member

Yes they were awful but...

.. you don't walk away. :mad:It was 5am when the game finished here. My son and I could have gone to bed at the end of the third sure in the knowledge they'd lose. But no, we stuck it out because we love this team - and we are in England for pity's sake.;)

12. ibm

ibm Member

i watched what dwight had to say in the press conf. again. and i am convinced there were some internal problems in the locker room. worrisome.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Was he really getting up to high five Curry? I thought he stood up to talk smack to him. I never saw him put his hand up to signal a high five.

The guy's face is on NBA.com, too.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i thought the guy was asking for a hi-5 and if reciprocated he would leave curry hanging. at least that's his only excuse.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

His mistake was showing the open hand.
    He should have responded with a closed fist when Curry drilled that three.

This is the second time our fans just laugh when our opponents are embarrassing us. No anger, no fight, just laughter AND BEING FRIENDLY WITH THE ENEMY.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You said it best.

17. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I was surprised so many fans cheered for the Warriors, that was maybe even more embarrassing.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden bro. You think he's talking about Terry of any other bench player. I was never sold on Harden to begin with. To me, it starts with management. They slober all over him wit no dignity, thus creating a spoiled child just like Kobe.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

man...warriors are just the clippers with defense.

20. rockets13champs

I guess we need bev and dmo back first that will make us a deeper team and then we need to add llull and prob some good freethrow and 3point shooting