1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

“I’m just not built like that. I’m not a guy who goes into the neighborhood, gets beat up by the bully’s gang and then now I want to join your gang. That’s just not me. I wanna fight, let’s go! I’m gonna stand up for myself.” - Paul Pierce on Kevin Durant's move to the Warriors

2. fattz

fattz Member

Is Eric Gordon still on the team?

napalm06 and RyanB like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We lost because Tucker only took 3 shots. Without PJ or Ryan letting it fly we don't stand a chance.

lw17 and RyanB like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Warriors had the must-want game for Game 1. They wanted this game badly to show the world who is #1 and was focused. To let Draymond do that Harden so early clearly that want this as statement game. Rockets have 0 chance of winning this game, or any games if the 4 amigos play like All-Stars. Can the Warriors sustain it!?!?!?!?!. Sometimes shooting more 3s does not win, Curry only took 5 shots (abnormally low) and Draymond took 1 (season low). The Dubs were taking wise shots. Only chance is Capela has a monster game because it will take more than CP3 and MVP to win the series because the Rockets played well, but the Warriors played the mental and skill game.

RyanB and ReignSupreme like this.
  5. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Meh somebody is gonna have to take out KD or Curry

Shirt Off and RyanB like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

GS is locked in. They aren't nonchalantly skipping around and saying stuff like "we getting slept on" they came in here and pushed us around and the team took it. They let donkey face gremlin act a damn fool at the temple and didn't have one guy step up to him. He bullied your best player and nobody did ****. Durant splashing everything and no hard fouls on him? Hell that one dude purposefully backs into Harden and lays him out, knocks him out when we had momentum .. nobody did ****.

Going to have to toughen up if you are going to stand a chance against these guys.

Little Bit and napalm06 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ouch

lw17 likes this.
  8. Entropy

Entropy Member

As a knee-jerk reaction we should try to put Joe Chee on KD. It's not like he'd do any worse on D than any of the players last night.

lw17 likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This is why we should play Ryan more. We can’t stop Durant anyways. Who cares about defense on him. He’s either gonna make or miss the same shots regardless of who’s on him. At least Ryan gives us firepower and spacing to compete.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It's not just Durant. We switch everything and Ryno is going to get switched to Curry/Thompson. Can't let those two guys go off.

RyanB likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, that’s not how they even played yesterday. It was pretty much just Durant iso. If they see Ryan on Durant they won’t even run a set. They will just go at him.

lw17 and RyanB like this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We had a good run guys.

RyanB likes this.
  13. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

After Harden got hurt what did he even hurt ?

14. RyanB

RyanB Member

L.E.B.R.O.N J.A.M.E.S

15. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

16. j@amc

j@amc Member

It is time to put some of this negativity behind us. Yes, we squandered a solid half and a pretty good offensive showing from Harden. There’s lots to correct, so let’s not burn down the forest. Let’s identify the easy things.

1. Be aggressive and smart. Iguodala drew 8 personal fouls in this game—more than double what Curry and Durant did. While the officiating did us no favors here, you have to adjust.

2. 54 uncontested looks. This was especially a problem in the second half.

3. Layup coverages for Curry. He only missed on one drive (that exceptional block by Capela).

4. Capela dribble handoffs? I’m not sure why we nearly dropped all of these from our offense last night. Are we concerned about TOs?

5. A rhythm for CP3. I’d like to see him initiate more plays, work for his shot and get others involved.

6. Poise from role players. Being in a conference final is a big deal. This is Gordon, Green, and others biggest stage to date.

Deuce and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Rockets have no choice, they have to play like this is the NBA finals

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It was very obvious watching the game that we're just overmatched. Anyone who isn't delusional should have known this going in. When you add KD to a 73-9 team, you're just not going to beat that team, no matter how good they are.

Could we have played better as a team? Sure. Moute was terrible, his injury really destroyed his offensive game. We can't lose the turnover battle to these guys and have defensive breakdowns, that will always result in a loss. We can fix some of that.

But realistically, I doubt Harden plays better than he did last night (which was fantastic). Curry didn't even really do anything for them last night so you know he's going to show up at some point.

Hopefully we can bounce back on Wednesday and we'll see what happens.

Shirt Off, Obito, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I really don’t understand, I mean the style they are playing right now is that if mcfail, just iso iso play harder. Where was that penetration from the Utah series? Drive on curry and give it to capella on the mismatch, get people in foul trouble

napalm06 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Also I just wanna say if we start posting up with Capella we are playing right into their hands.