1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I guess im dumb. I don’t get this.

2. Mr. Space City

the over dribbling and passing with little to no time left on the shot clock.

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Money talks and BS walks. That's why he's a worrier.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sadly- this is true.

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wow. Shot clock? Now I get it even less. You tried though.

6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Just 2 reasons that I know of....I'm not a fair weather fan....been watching them for 50 years. Secondly, as much as I hate losing, if someone promised me before the season that we'd make the conference finals with a chance to win it all, I'd have jumped all over it. It's deflating to lose game 1 at home but I'll be watching them next year regardless of what happens...same as I did in '93-'94 and '94-'95.BTW, JMO but I don't think the Cavaliers will be in the final.

BMoney likes this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The Rockets tried to win. They came out guns blazing. The warriors are better.

8. H-Town Rockets Guy

its ok..we lost game one. Lets focus on game 2 and make the necessary changes especially on the defensive end. We wasted a great offensive performance from Harden. I thought we played way too much one on one and pass the ball way too late with only a few secs left on the shot clock. Maybe we need to initiate the offense little earlier than that. Need to get everyone involved on offense with some ball movement. make them play defense rather than them resting on defense while we are massaging the ball for 22 secs and then taking a shot. we have done a great job in adjusting to whatever the defense throw at us all season long. We done a great job all season with passing to the right guy and making the shots. also we totally abandoned the pick and roll with Capela. Only thing we did in game one was some lobs. We will be ready in Game 2. Its a must win for us. Lets Go Rockets

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

The coaches have stated it before, it’s for simplicity. With all the new additions, the staff felt that installing a less complex scheme would be easier for players to adopt. We could see new wrinkles next season if GSW continues to shred us. It’s worked all year with other opponents so they never saw the need to add different schemes.

kevcai, ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The other 90 + games tells us the Rockets are a good defensive team.

hakeem94 and AuburnRocket like this.
  11. igotwhipscollectingdust

he's referring to the tweet underneath. The original tweet is suggesting Harden/Paul overdribble and pound the ball into the ground before they decide to pass to teammates.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah i saw the tweet. I did think of the possibility that it could mean what you say, because of the one side of the ball being worn. I guess thats the joke but it’s kinda half baked since it wouldn’t be the same part of the ball hitting the floor everytime they touched it. Like I said, Im just not getting it. Kinda like The Rockets and playing defense.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets needs to practice shots, shots and shots.

We are always a bricking team in playoffs. Why dont we put much more time on fixing it. If we keep bricking, we are done.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps you were right in the previous post

pahiyas and Tomstro like this.
  15. igotwhipscollectingdust

those guys are not shooters. Gordon, Harden, CP3, Ryno, and maybe Green and Ariza are the only guys that have potential to shoot consistently from three. Tucker and Luc? No chance imo. They are non-shooters converted into shooters. Can't rely on em.

16. larry cook

larry cook Member

This offense is a product of Harden. Harden isn't a hustler or heady player, he plays too cute and casual/lazy. This definitely isn't the fast paced offense Dantoni ran with Steve Nash or even Jeremy Lin. This looks like a Rucker park game of 1 on 1. Hey Chris you go then I go. Why dribble 20 seconds off the clock? Just make a few moves and go, push the tempo. I'd hate to play with a guy like Harden. I'm no pro but imagine cutting or moving without the ball to your sweet spots all to look up and see a guy pounding the air out the ball every possession instead of hitting you in rhythm. Its difficult for Harden and Chris to both have great games often because both are rhythm killers. Doc Rivers explained earlier in the season how well the ball began to move once Chris left the clippers. My goodness pass the ball in the post to Capela a few times and let him do a few hooks or let him post then kick it out to a few shooters if they double. Mix it up a little, we're waaaaay to predictable, the opposing defense is set every possession watching Harden dribble, dribble, dribble. Kd out there looking like the Iceman swishing and grooving, getting to his spots after a few moves or passing. Can you imagine Draymond Green on this team, he'd literally choke the ish out of Harden if he dribbled the way he does and played hero ball. Harden has got to be one of the laziest players I have ever seen in my life. My goodness why doesn't he move his feet. My guy just lets his man pass him then tries that wrap around reach every time smh…. lol. The people he defended tonight had to account for at least 40 points in lay ups.

Little Bit likes this.
  17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

JMO but what I feel we are missing is a rim ENFORCER...yes, Clint is great on the PNR and not too shabby on D but he is not a rim protector.We also SETTLE for 3's way too often.....I've actually seen us penetrate and be 2 feet from a layup and kick the damn ball out for the 3. UNREAL. Jimmy or CP3 dribble,dribble and we have 3 other players STANDING at the 3 point line WATCHING.For the people talking about Ryno needs more time...well there are just no words...this guy has scrub written all over him. Whoever his agent is...that's the guy I'd want representing me...talk about making chicken salad out of chicken ***t. Ryno would be a taller nookie firing up 3's from Sugarland...I can hear the clang here in Alabama. I'm going to keep pulling with everything I've got though I realize the odds are not in our favor. Someone please tomahawk that punk thug Green into the 4th row of seats.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You wanna play quick pace against Warriors? They will eat us alive.

Our problem is we have a bunch of brickers that sometimes even lazy on defense.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Man, I gotta say, you come into this series knowing that the Warriors have a ton of star power but you're thinking the Rockets can match up with it.

Then James Harden goes to the bench down 5 and you realize that the Warriors have Durant and Thompson shooting it while the Rockets have Gordon and Mbah a Moute shooting. Next thing you know they are up 12 and we're all begging for Harden to come back in.

Honestly, those guys are just going to have play better. If they shoot like they did tonight, it will be a quick series.

If they hit their open shots then I could actually see Houston winning the next two to take back control of the series.

Jake Tower likes this.
  20. BackdoorHarden

ROFL. Great insight bro. Iggy , KD and now Klay taking less money for VC opportunities.