1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, at a certain point you have to recognize that ISO ball against the Warriors is death. They are the only team that matters, scheme-wise, and we keep failing using the same strategy. Who are highly-regarded assistants in the NBA? Messina is the only name that comes my mind.

BasketMAD, ramotadab and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

The problem is Mike Dantoni, period. James Harden is not going anywhere. Morey has done great getting the pieces to get us here. Nothing is wrong with the system. The problem is they wont play within it. They take the shoot 3s and drive to literally and dont do it in the flow of the game naturally. It is the coaches job to make sure thats happens. Its not the coaches job to let them do whatever and hope they figure it out.

The problem is The Warriors are coached by a former champion. Who was in turn coached by a champion (Phil Jackson), and it shows.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe its knee jerk but this team mentally exhausts me. No fight, lackadaisical, no urgency, no heart. We're out there just slangin 3s and cashing checks. Just punt the damn ball ... start over. Start a 4 year rebuild that could take you to the tail end of the Warrior era and start anew. We can't and will never beat this team in our current configuration. Good night.

BasketMAD, bcast89 and kevtse like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I’m going to have to disagree. Morey was very much against the D’Antoni hire. That was all Les. If we had a coach that actually ran an offense and coached, we’d see some difference imho.

5. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

6. amaru

amaru Member

I’d personally change the word “Houston” for “D’Antoni”.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, he wanted James Borrego(now the Hornets coach) or Stephen Silas (not sure where he is now).

But I'm over Morey
    I'm over Moreyball
    I'm over Harden

8. mastan

mastan Member

Rockets need to learn A,B, C of winning basketball.....first they need to learn what a fast break is, next what BOX OUT is and rebounding is, then they need to be taught what is Power Forward, what is Small Forward... guards are not PF or SF.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And they both couldn't stop James from dribble dribble dribble. He might be an ISO reg season hero, and can rack up all his personal stats from taking the most shots but who cares. With James and Paul we are a playoffs zero against the Warriors.

They aren't going anywhere and now I simply don't care. They can recruit 5 all stars and I still won't care. I'm done with the NBA I'm sick of all these overpaid guys who don't do anything more than entertain for a living and they only do that some of the time. Paul and James can go have fun with their millions for the next few months. The rest of us actually work for a living. Ugh.

10. amaru

amaru Member

FIFY

11. Mr. Space City

Go game 6 and 7 last year without CP3. Go the most important stretch in the 4th without him too!

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Oh so you want 1998-2002 Rockets basketball? Lol

As bad as this loss is, we are still not in a bad position.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Lol tonight it was just coaching. Mike beat us tonight.

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Clint "Clit" Capela.

15. HTM

HTM Member

True. I felt that way the whole game.

16. HTM

HTM Member

He really couldn’t have been worse.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

Like the Offspring said, “The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care”

ramotadab and rhee like this.
  18. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

9/21 on fts by our 2 max playersq

BasketMAD, ramotadab and amaru like this.
  19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

If you can say with a straight face that the Rockets laid it all on the line tonight, I just don't know what to tell you. Beaten on all 50/50 balls..not willing to go to the floor while GS was willing to. The problem is the EFFORT !!!!!

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member