1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/22/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Did they show the footage pre-game with the unveiling of the 90s on the wall at the entrance of the stadium? Any1 can upload that please? :(

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Come on guys think outside the box here. My point isn't to shape Parsons into our starting PF. Not at all. Parsons idea position is SF but Parsons is just as much a 4 as he is a 2. Plus Parsons is 6'10" with a 6'10" reach, thats great size for a PF, if he gets his 3 shot down which he seems to be doing already he can become a great stretch 4. And already he is a better defensively than both Scola and Patterson. He is a better shotblocker and rebounder than both of those guys. Imagine if he added a little strength and a little more vertical.

Again I am not saying Parsons should be our 4 of the future. The only reason I bring this up is because as I watched the game last night I thought Morris might turn into a goto scorer. This team needs a go to scorer. When Scola is out we have nothing in the post and after watching Morris play this last week I do see a possibility that he might help in that area. I do not know if he will or won't. But if he does Parsons still needs to be on the court. He is just to valuable to cut back his minutes and an alternative would be to give him some minutes at both the 4 and the 2.

Some would suggest let Morris play the 4. But Parsons is a better defender than Morris.

Of course I am talking about when the matchups best suited him. And to enhance his ability to do that I am suggesting he get in the weight room. Not to bulk up and become our starting PF. His frame will never do that. But to get stronger and quicker so if Kevin Love tries to back him down or for that matter Kobe he'll have a more strength.

You got to know these NBA trainers are much smarter than anyone on this board and they know exactly the kind of workout he needs to enhance his game. They helped Carl Landry gain 4 more inches on his vertical and become that explosive scorer that got us Martin. Patterson increased his vertical as well. Battier changed his 6 or so years in his career and said he added quickness and increased his vertical all in one offseason. Jeremy Lin added 12 pounds, increased his vertical 3.5 inches and his quickness. And now he is a good shot blocking guard that gets to the free throw line better than anyone on the team. That's the difference between Lin this year and last year he is quicker, stronger and faster. That and his shot is better. And he accomplished all of that in one offseason. So do not tell me Parsons gaining has to hurt his game. It doesn't. ANd again all I am talking about is making more versatile so he can improve and maybe we can work Morris and Parsons together.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CLzrLXQIbwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

3 or 4 times he made a great pass to Dalembert/Patterson for the dunk but they got fouled. Sometimes you can lose assists just because the person you passed it to missed a layup, and sometimes you can gain assists because the person you passed it to made a difficult shot. I think this was one of those nights. I think he will be serviceable against back-up PGs, and who knows, maybe he'll develop into something more. :grin:

4. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

lowry for mip then trade his ass then dragic for mip trade his ass
    fortson 2nd coming of lil wayne let him start

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um where did you get this idea? Just because Parsons is 6'10? I understand you think Morris might be the go-to scorer this team needs but I'd rather switch Parsons to SG rather have him bang with the big boys in the paint, his perimeter D is way too good to wasted on PFs.

Also, we have a glut at the PF spot. I think DMO, Scola and Patterson will be better PFs than Parsons.

6. dartherus

dartherus Member

First, Parsons is 6'9", second I agree on the rest you said, it would be a waste to send him to PF spot, when he can get so much advantage of his current skills and his perimeter D to be wasted by banging up in the paint.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Parsons needs to continue to develop on the perimter, hone his defensive skills even more so he can defend the SG position and he needs to hone his shooting.

After he improves his spot up shot, his pull up jumper, and his FT shooting, then he can start working on back to the basket post moves and turn into a true stud.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Parsons has all the tools of a great wing in the NBA. At this point he looks like our best shot at getting an all star selection sometime in the future. If Moteijunas comes over and is anywhere near the player Parsons is we could be looking at a very bright future for the franchise.

Having Parsons bulk up to play a 4 would be a waste. When you have someone who can give Durant fits, get a complement from Kobe, and drop in a 21/11 game vs. the GSW you don't change his positional assignment.