1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nene should have played imo. he was very effective last game in oakland and would not have allowed cousins to play bullyball all night. clint is understandably overmatched in size, but he also has a p***y mentality where he stops competing altogether when he gets down. i saw him get boxed out by fuking klay thompson twice!

as expected, most of the bs calls (and all of them in the final minute) came from malloy's whistle

harden definitely looks like that wrist is bothering him

all this being said, if house plays over shumpert we probably win this game

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Whelp, it doesn't have to be on or the other. Harden's threes, as well as Tucker and Shumpert's shooting, sucked.

3. roadstone

roadstone Member

This shows they play at a much higher level with Durant out

ak99999, Bo6, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL okay buddy, yea Tucker can shoot better, that is true. Completely miss my point because you are so far up Harden's butt. Good lord, trying to have a discussion about the Rockets and this dude thinks hes some James Harden protector on the internet haha.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, Im aware, but who is our best player??? Cmon man, yea I get it, obviously people would need to shoot better against GS but not everyone is gonna be hot from 3, thats just a fact. And yea alot is asked of James, but its the Warriors, they are one of the best teams of all time. you saw when we beat them with Harden last time. If James can do that, than it doesnt matter if they have Durant or not.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LOL okay buddy.

You blamed Harden for shooting poorly.

Said it's not Tucker's fault.

I pointed out Tucker shot poorly.

You are on a tantrum the level of Draymond for having truth pointed out.

Draymond, are you ok?

7. 1234567

1234567 Member

0 for 27 games happen in playoffs..... This type of game happens too.... Just go into playoffs "healthy" and go with it. Harden missing a bunch of long 3s. Me thinks a wrist not at 100% (ie. just a little bit sore) may have something to do with that.

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

People stop mentioning the wrist ita his none shooting hand....effects his handles not his shot.

Newlin likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One takeaway... this has to be the last season for Nene. Love the guy, but can't waste a roster spot and rotation spot on a player that can't play every game. And if you can't count on his availability in the schedule game against the biggest centers, his value is even less. Instead of patching with (undersized) PFs, we need a backup C with size.

BigShasta, DaDakota and chadyang like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL I blamed Harden? All I said was that Harden had to play better from 3, I said he was our best player and MVP but you really cant handle people saying he should play better. I love Harden but that doesnt mean I cant criticize him which is something you cant do I guess.

I said Tucker shot poorly, but he still contributes on the defensive end, thats all I said. Of course Tucker can shoot better lol. Like Im sorry I hold Harden to a higher standard on offense than PJ Tucker, haha yea my bad.

Wow....this is definitely low level trash talk, you also dont know what a tantrum is. I'll apologize for being nasty in the last post but you definitely started being a dick first.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

So confused by MDAs rotations...Manimal 13 mins; House none? Especially when his pet cat went 1-7!

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

We have Manimal, who is a good 4. Start him! Play him a lot!

All season long Tucker has looked like a good 3 and an inadequate 4. Start him at the 3, and tell EGo to be a freaking super sub.

Please, MDa?

DaDakota and chadyang like this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

James Harden's had a MVP season but there are still GLARING flaws in his game. The biggest is his shot selection vs letting the game come to him. He doesn't even look for his teammates at times. If he's not 100% then move the ball & let Rivers get a few more shots, let CP get a few more touches, penetrate & dish. Don't just continue flinging up stepback 3's, find some middle ground. Right now theres no middle ground with Harden

waytookrzy079 and roslolian like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

TJ has never really been a good rebounder, also at like 6'8 he wouldnt be any better than Faried even if he is.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

It boils down to this. We shot 27% from three. We aren't going to win many games with that shooting percentage from long range. And, we still only lost by two points. Damn.

We probably need to work harder to get better looks on those long shots instead of settling for the contested three as time runs out on the shot clock.

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

It isn't coincidence those numbers are down when playing against mad GSW. Our offense don't produce open looks its all sidesteps and stepbacks. PJ had couple but he missed them anyway. Meanwhile on the other hand GSW got all the matchups they wanted... Klay in the post against CP, Boogie against smaller defenders under the basket, Curry with big men on the perimeter. We won't win against them in series playing like that

jboslett likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who the guys who said the Cupcake Snake is the best player in basketball again?

rhee likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

House is good enough to swing a close game to Houston's favor, no question. All the on/off stats suggest we're a better at 3pt shooting, defense, and rebounding when he's on the court. It has literally been the difference in winning and losing these close games.

LorneMalvo and Houstunna like this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Warriors clearly came out more focused, intense and desperate than we did. They seemed more determined this game, especially on defense, than they did in our previous three meetings. In order to beat a more talented team (yes, even without KD they are more talented), you have to outwork them, and we didn't do that tonight. We approached it as just another game, but still had our chances throughout.

Was very disappointed with the rebounding effort, we reverted back to our poor early season efforts tonight. Can't have that leading up to the playoffs.

Capela got destroyed by Cousin tonight, I expect a better effort from him in the playoffs. Faried was so bad in the first half, he should have gotten benched for Nene in the second half I thought.

Harden still in a slump, I would have liked to see him trade a couple of 3s in the 4th quarter for drives, where he was having some success.

Overall we're fine, but this is a reminder that we have to play harder AND smarter than them in order to have a chance if we meet in the playoffs.

joshuaao likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Zero excuse for House's DNP.

We'll see how long his punishment continues.

ak99999 likes this.