1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea on low volume which what should happen. Austin Rivers iso is not a staple of our offense.

Im telling you this because its James is main responsibility to contribute on offense and he has to better if we wanna beat them.

No one is gonna shoot 100% from 3 bro, some dudes will have bad shooting nights, thats just what happens with three point shooters.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

It's not low volume tho...game five last year literally harden cp3 n Gordon all targeted curry with almost always scoring are drawing a foul. I wish I could bring the YouTube up of the 4th...Gordon comes in n attacks curry.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Gordon in comparison to Harden and Paul should be doing it less yes.

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

James Harden is an idiot.... keeps chunking with Loony and Curry on him.... this guy needs to get a clue already..... just plain stupid basketball on his end lately.

Also, whats up with pringles and his reasons for playing that bum shumpert over D. House... my God sit that dude down and cut him next year.

House needs playing time.

DaDakota and chadyang like this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm not arguing that..I thought that was applied..I'm saying when the. 2 get tired then he should. Then when he gets tire Austin should then cycle....my point is curry is that bad defensive that any of those guys are a better option then doing any other thing. Like u score 75 percent of the time on iso on him

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Isoing Curry was not the main reason we were able to compete with them last year.

7. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Everyone is overexerating today’s lost. Golden State shot the lights out, we didn’t.

It’s simple as that, if we made a single three pointer more then we win. I didn’t like Harden taking those shots at the end but oh well, just gotta trust the process.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Three takeaways from this game:

1. The Warriors learned some new things about how to beat us (playing through Cousins). We did not learn any new things about how to beat them (getting into the lane, looking for what's open, and not finding anything good).

2. The marginal advantage of the Warriors being at full strength, as opposed to guys being out with injuries or sitting on the bench, is overrated. With their starting 5, they can play 3 or 4 and have a top-level NBA team. Adding the fifth guy can actually clutter things up and confuse their offense. Cousins was a net negative when we played them at full strength. But tonight he totally made up for Durant's absence.

3. Shumpert is not doing enough of what he's good at to make up for what he's not good at. His best skill is getting through screens and traffic to stay with a shooter. He was very good at staying with Klay. (Witness his steal and finish.) But the Warriors were able to get him off Klay with screens, and that's how Klay got a lot of his points. Meanwhile, Shumpert's shooting and decision making were poor.

I'm not sold on Shumpert. Not at all. He looks like a bad fit on a team that plays a switching defense and needs length and shooting.

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think CP3 should have the ball in his hands when its crunch time is some of the games where he is playing really well.

RyanB likes this.
  10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The reason Tucker at 4 (even 5) vs GS last year worked in the WCF was because Kerr started out the games in the Death Lineup from tip-off. In that lineup, Ariza was the primary defender on Durant. When MDA went smaller and took Capela out and had Luc, Tucker was matched on Draymond and didn't really have to expend much energy out there. With Cousins, having Tuck at the 4 is very bad because the lack of rebounding is astounding, as tonight showed. It was even worse when Cousins was paired with Looney in stretches; we were completely caught off guard (it was exactly what we did in the last matchup with Capela/Faried at the same time; Kerr clearly took notes from that last game). If we get another crack at them in the playoffs, Tucker will be the primary defender on Durant. Because of that, Tucker at the SF and Faried at the 4 is most ideal in a series vs GS. Maximizing rebounding and minimizing second-chance possessions are critical vs GS.

RyanB likes this.
  11. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Pretty good game -- defense was great both teams. Boogie was tremendous. I think we take em 4-1 in the playoffs. We shot 25% threes tonight and still almost pulled it out.

chadyang, Patience and Philter_09 like this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Relax. We are the only team in the league whoo can play with GS. If we're healthy we are getting a really ring this year

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Well the Rockets played as bad as they could for about 75 percent of the game and still gave themselves a chance.

Patience likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Some dudes will have bad shooting nights.... goes gangbusters on James for having a bad shooting night.

LOL

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Cousins’ strength really bothered Capella.

Agreed about Shump. Hopefully House picks up where he left off. If so, I prefer House starting as it adds some needed size to the starting 5 and Gordon provides a scoring punch to the bench.

Overall, disappointing result but nothing to get worked up about.

16. Mr. Space City

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Saying Harden needs to shoot better from 3 for us to beat one of the best teams of all time is gangbusters??? Ok buddy.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nah buddy. You choosing to say Harden's shooting is the problem.

But not give that critique to Tucker, who has it on A PLATTER.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Somebody said it. The Energy level was low in at least 2 Quarters. You felt the foe wanted it more during most of the game.

It's some of the same building up leads, then playing with no energy, letting teams back into the game stuff.

Except this time it was being content with having a deficit until late in the game.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes. Unlike you, I actually believe my team can win.