1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 2/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

We really need to protect homecourt since no way we beat miami wednesday. But the way our back court defends the three, I have a feeling they might go 40/40 from 3 point land. =/

2. coach41

coach41 Member

Warriors vs Rockets Match ups / from a Warriors fan perspective who hasn't watched the Rox except in highlights:

Curry vs Lin: Curry with the edge on offense, Lin on Defense. Lin's going to have his hands full trying to check Curry and his jumpers. Curry plays off ball a lot too and Lin's going to be fighting through a ton of screens.

Thompson vs Harden: Harden's got a major offensive advantage. Thompson is 6'7" and has been used as a defender on some better offensive players lately. However, I don't think he's guarded someone in the caliber of Harden. However, Thompson's been shooting well and Harden can't play lazy defense.

Barnes vs Parsons: I'd say this match up almost a draw. Two pretty similar players who can shoot a bit, drive and rebound. Barnes has his good games and then he disappears. Seems to be the same for Parsons based on what I've read in the box scores.

Lee vs Patterson: Lee's inside / outside game is going to give Patterson fits. Haven't seen much of Patterson play so can't comment on what he can and can't do. May be a major advantage for the Warriors if Patterson can't slow down Lee.

TBD vs Asik: The Warriors are not playing Bogut on back to back's. They play the Rockets on Tuesday and the Thunder on Wednesday. Not sure how the Warriors are going to play this. If Bogut plays, the match up will almost be even. Bogut isn't in the best of shape and will be limited to 25 minutes a game. Bogut will be able to keep Asik away from rebounds and be a shot blocker for the Warriors. If the Rockets play a P&R with Asik, it will be interesting to see how Bogut responds to all the lateral movement needed to guard Lin or Harden. Bogut can be a threat offensively so Asik will have to be on his game defensively as well.

If Bogut doesn't go, the Warriors will go with the two headed monster of Biendrins and Ezeli. Neither is on the level of Bogut and are not threats offensively nor do they rebound that well. If this happens, Asik will have an advantage on the boards.

BENCH:

The Warriors are very deep. Jack (PG) and Landry (PF) will be the main offensive threats. If Bogut goes, the Warriors have Biendrins / Ezeli off the bench for defense and rebounding. Depending on match ups Jenkins (guard), Green (SG/SF/PF), and Jefferson (SF) will be throwin into the mix. Jenkins is a combo guard that hasn't played much lately but is a solid shooter. Green is raw offensively but hustles and plays defense. Jefferson is a veteran that has shown some spark lately on offense.

I don't think the Rockets bench is that deep. You guys have some big men and guards but Jack and Landry could be starters on other teams.

All of this being said, I could see this game being a track meet. It will be an entertaining game and I look forward to see the rockets in Oakland in a week or so as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

As Carl Herrera would say...

More opportunities for losing streak!

Another opportunity to get on a new losing streak!

Beginning of new losing streak.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I don't know about this one. I say we lose.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Can not leave Curry and Thompson open, they are both very good shooters. Lin had better be close to Curry at all time. No help denfense needed this game, keep your own man shut down. Harden can not dream aroun inside the paint area either.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Huge game for us. These are the types of games you gotta win if you want to make it in the playoffs

7. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Since Lee is Lin's good friend, can we hope he wont play hard when facing Rockets? Please, Lee! :grin:

8. pnr

pnr Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Practice update: J-Lin left early after tweaking ankle. Did not appear serious. Will be gametime decision. Carlos day-to-day w/elbow strain.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/298513883990196225">February 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ugh, his ankles seem to be made of glass lately.

9. GIGO

GIGO Member

BBall Breakdown on David Lee (6:53 ~ 8:24)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2la8RvYJs6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. jeremywong

jeremywong New Member

Good work bro. i'm looking forward.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Why aren't Warriors, Rockets playing tonight? Both off yesterday. TC is empty. After game Tuesday, will finish back-to-backs vs OKC, Miami.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/298507160298598400">February 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For a second I dismissed this as a little whiny when it flashed across my screen. But then I really thought about and it seems to raise a good point.

12. jeremywong

jeremywong New Member

about 2 or 3 years ago,i saw lin's name for the first time in a magzine when he was a Warriors,i remember the stat is aroud 6.8 points and 3 assists. time run very fast...i think i didn't see any information about him again before Linsainity starts....

13. just a word

just a word Member

holy crap, I just looked at Asik's FG% stats.

Asik’s production by month
    Nov: 0.460
    Dec: 0.560
    Jan: 0.571
    Feb: 0.615 (one game, but lets hope this is a trend!)

…actually, looking at ESPN’s FG% leaders, Jan’s % would put him at #6, right behind Dwight Howard.:eek:

And if he keeps up Feb’s %, that would put him at #2, right behind Tyson Chandler.

14. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

You forgot about Clay Thompson. This guy has been absolutely beasting. He's a younger Galinari. Guy can shoot the three like rain.

If we lose, I think this guy will be the x factor.

15. Arthurprescott2

If Curry/Bogut are playing, Rox have no chance. GSW are one of the best shooting teams in the league while the Rox are among the worst in defending against spot-up shooters - look for Thompson/Curry to rain 3's. Just a terrible match-up. Rox play so much better against teams with slow, inside presence.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Ugh, this Warrior team is deep, and all of their wing's are deadly shooters. Not to mention they have a great frontline of Lee and Bogut. Although what really concerns me is Landry off the bench. He always has an extra pep in his step when he plays against us. I think he'll be looking to eat Morris alive.

17. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Gonna be a loss, they have more talent and chemistry.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Tell that to Tyson Chandler....Lin got wipped pretty bad.:grin:These next three games will tell a lot whether the Rockets should even be in the playoff mix.

19. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

GO Go Power Rangers!!!:grin:

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

It's all an act. ;)