1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets @ 1/20/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have been very fortunate that harden hasn't suffered any significant injury the past few seasons. i'm not in favor of 'wasting' any of these prime years. especially when you don't know what will happen next season. we've seen what can happen with our previous superstars yao and tmac. so continuing to kick the can could easily blow up in our faces.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We need to stop giving these Houston teams passes it's championship or bust. F waiting. Anderson is a overpaid power forwatd that needs to step up and Harden and Gordon need to play better againsy better competition. Harden was dancing and **** against the Bucks.... dance like that against GS. Tired of bs excuses put on a show when it counts.

joomba, hakeem94, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

Ryno not fit, Gordon not fit, Capela not fit, NenĂª resting. No need to bring the Warriors to make the Rockets struggle. Too bad we have this tight schedule right now. But at least no more b2b until mid March.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clearly, clearly deserves its own thread

heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  5. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think Morey will likely have to wait. Perhaps we will all be pleasantly surprised like when he added Beverley midseason from overseas.

What I take away from this game is that our young three--Decker, Harrell, and Capela--all competed hard. Our team has clearly hit the mid-season wall . . . Gordon is banged up . . . Anderson clearly couldn't play because of illness. . . But our young three competed.

Tangent: I'm not sure how many total games that our young three have played against Draymond Green, but I think it's still a handful of games. Yes, he still killed them, but we have to remember that he's got four years + of high level, NBA experience (he's 27 and that was his 362nd game last night).​

Looking at the Golden State bench, the only their youngest rotation player is Kevin Looney (12 minutes, age 20). McAdoo only has 73 games, not quite a full season of NBA experience, but McAdoo's 24 and his body shows that development.
    We will play better against GS. It looked to me like we saw a GS playoff game plan: make Harrell, Capela, Decker, Brewer, and Ariza be the playmakers. We actually flashed a few things there. They just need to be more confident and finish easy plays. . . GS also showed that they are willing to meet us at and above the rim. I think our only answer there is to be decisive and get them in foul trouble.

There are fans that want this team to go for it all this season, but can this group really do that? I think these guys will need to log some miles together to be really good. Half of our core has done that (Ariza, Beverley, Harden) but we've added so many players: our young three, Gordon, and Anderson that need wins and losses together.

I would like another player or two, but I do see how the young three might fit in a longer term vision. Maybe they're not just assets.

Bo6, BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. Mattician

Mattician Member

Hate the Warriors more than any team.

BigShasta and bilaal14 like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Completely outclassed when it comes to every facet of the game when it comes to the warriors... but that's ok... that tells us we have a really good chance we will make it to the WCF finals... but then what??? We are a piece or a couple pieces away from actually contending.. as of right now, we are a tough second round out against the spurs or a 6 games max against the warriors, clearly not championship worthy.

I hope and pray we don't waste Hardens prime anymore and get something done to move to the level of the warriors some way, some how.

And oh yeah... Durant is a B*t*h... str8 coward... don't ever forget.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This game shows how vital Eric Gordon is. If he doesn't get his points, most likely the team will fail.

jim1961 and Little Bit like this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

1. The Rockets are tired, look at the Miami game, that game sums it up how tired they are.
    2. Eric Gordon is still hurt from his toes.
    3. Ryan Anderson has a virus on his stomach.
    4. They will get better, and trade move will also get them better.
    5. Calm down.

#1229 thedude077, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    JoeBarelyCares and Blake like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I (for one time) am not mad about this L, aside the fact that they're the best team in the league...Gordon is clearly hurt, Ryan out, Clint is still recovering, 8th game in 12 days...
    Brewer playing major and important minutes lul
    ...we stayed with them half game, we'll definitely be better when we'll be at 100% or close.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'm kind of hoping EGO doesn't make the All-Star Team. I know they've extended the break, but I want him & Anderson to rest the entire break - Gordon in particular doesn't seem 100%.

Ryno was absolutely essential during our previous W in GS, so I won't read much into this particular game. However, the Warriors defense looks like it knows exactly how to defend our #2 offense...

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1. they need to practice 3pt shooting
    2. dekker and brewer as well need to practice 3pointers
    3. morey needs to acquire couple of shooters before the deadline

You need the right personnel to execute system based entirely on 3 pt shot. You need your people to be good at shooting 3s. When i go skiing i make sure i bring a pair of skiis with me, I dont go there skiiless in a swimming suit.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, when your measuring stick is an all time great team loaded with superstars at the peak of their power, it's pretty easy to have an excuse to churn your roster perpetually.

EIther you tank for inknown commodities or you get incrementally better w/o regard to whatever else happens.

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

reality check was much needed for most rockets fans

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

Everything will be alright after we win tonight.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dallas should not be in the conversation.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Prophecy!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You could have Brewer shoot a thousands 3's a day and he still wouldn't get better. He's not s good shooter. Dekker can get better but his release and form need major work this offseason.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hmmm do you have any scientific evidence for this?
    common sense tells me if you take 1000 3s a day say during period of 30 days, you gotta become better shooter

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

that's right..with soccer you play with your hands and you'll say yeah you played Goalie..I get it. I edited this post last later and said it wasn't a season ending injury. The way the Rox played last night it won't matter unless they do something at the trade deadline anyways, guy