1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I figured EG was just resting. But what the hell did Ryno do to that ankle? I guess they could rest him Game 1 and then he'll have had a full 2 weeks to heal heading into Game 2. Not like he contributes much at home anyway.

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

its weird too bc he specifically said he wanted to go out there during the sac game for some minutes and get some run.

rockets being cautious possibly to make sure its not going to linger throughout the playoffs?

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Hopefully no more than 5 games and sit back and rest for Round 2

Game faces boys, game faces

[​IMG]

roro12, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm personally conflicted on whether the Rockets are as good as the regular season went as far as the playoffs. We know those regular season games aren't truly indicative of what is to come. I'm still unclear on just how much better the supporting cast is than last season. Will the addition of Chris Paul be enough to propel James Harden and the team over the top? I still think there are a lot of other x-factors regarding the other players and whether they show up or not. Obviously, we need Capella to ball it. But, we surely need peeps like Ariza, Anderson, Tucker, Nene, and Gordon to do their jobs. In my mind, they have to bring consistency. It's like Harden says...this is on the team. It's not just up to Paul and Harden. It's up to everyone. We can't have players pulling disappearing acts of years past and expect to get to the end. I'm hopeful at this point that we can take it to the next level. But, we need all players to play to the best of their ability while minimizing stupid mistakes on both ends of the floor.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ordinarily I'd be ok with that, but we're already shorthanded with Luc being out. If Ryno doesn't play, it means we're running Joe Johnson out there for heavy minutes which is not a good thing.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Taj Gibson is banged up a bit.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

true. but honestly if theres someone that im not worried about to shy in big moments like the playoffs its JJ. I still believe were going to witness him play pretty well, especially when the game becomes a grind. he came here for a reason and these guys know the opportunity thats infront of them.

i cannot wait to see opposing teams put in their bench and smaller guards/wings. theyre going to get punished by JJ or him just getting shots for the other guys

#148 YOLO, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    DonKnock, lionaire and pippendagimp like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if i was a blockhead like him i'd have trouble turning my neck too

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

is ryno gonna play in the first round? what took him so long to come back from a sprained ankle...feels like he had a surgery or sth...

Chanmarr, hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Drive right! Drive right!

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Good god. Anyone modern. Truly modern on both ends. The Rockets offensive and defensive systems are straight out of dystopian mid-00s NBA timeline.

I would give my life savings to get rid of Jeff Bzdelik.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

D'Antoni ONLY coaches offense. If this offense isn't obliterating everything in sight, fire him ASAP and be done with it.

This guy was given THE coaching situation of the century. Two all-time offensive guards an with a metric shitload of play finishers who mostly play both ends of the floor.

And he ONLY coaches offense. Got the cozy one-way setup with Bzdelik being some mad scientist switching every possible screen and roll even against logic like CP3 on KAT.

I digress, this offense better turn it up to 2000%. Literally GOAT-level offense or GTFO town forever.

I think D'Antoni knows he's out of his depth here. The things he's said in the last couple months. Saying he "hopes" Harden just got tired last year, and this year will make the difference. Saying the RS already validates the team. And just generally not coming out with much bravado. Desperate teams absolutely grinded the Rockets offense to a halt to end the season. If that's what we're about to see, then the guy should never coach again. Got one of the GOAT rosters and a literally perfect situation for himself, and still couldn't produce? Awful.

hakeem94 and rhee like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course @LorneMalvo proving once again he has no business being around here.

Remlap likes this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I don't think you guys understand how comically good this roster and situation is for any coach. D'Antoni has done just "okay". Considering health.

My dog could coach this team to 70 wins if healthy.

I'm a big forecasting kind of guy, Vegas has us at -11.5 favorites. Absurd. They clearly believe in playoff CP3 and some of the outputs this team has had when healthy.

THAT, should make everyone optimistic here. Like 4-0 easily optimistic.

But on the VERY off chance something goes wrong, D'Antoni needs to be fired immediately.'

I'm not an anti-conformist or super negative guy. Quite the contrary.

16. UrbanEnterprise

Great playoffs promo

DonKnock, ThatGuyJoe and Clutch like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

D-rock, MiracleShot and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]