1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's extremely overrated. People love overly but a lot of the times not neccessary flashy passes and international boy band looks though.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

The effect that ESPN has on people... The Wolves are 2-8 in their last 10 and have been playing like ****. But wait, Ricky Rubio had a trip-dub? OMGZORZ, they must be playing well lately.

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Anyone know if harden is out? Don't want to buy tickets and not see him play.

4. nobie

nobie Member

Rubio is definatly overrated, he was getting abused by most PG's in europe( i only talk about high profile games agains good teams) before he went to NBA, though he does to to have improved abit in nba..

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Can't underestimate any opponent. We have the tendency to lose to the weaker teams.

6. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

really a good defensive guard,since when?

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Says he's game-time. I heard a rumor that he is going to need off-season surgery for a bone spur in his ankle. Hopefully he can tough it out the rest of the way. His coach knows a thing or two about that...

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Wow some of you guys are r****ded. Rubio was an elite defensive PG last season by all metrics. He was coming off an ACL injury this season so obviously he was not going to do well right away. He isn't an efficient scorer but his terrible start due to coming off a serious injury lowers his averages significantly. In the months of February and March he is 13+ ppg, 9+ apg, 5.5+ rpg 2.8 stls and around 6 fta per game.

He is not an efficient scorer but is getting better and he draws a crap load of Fts for a PG.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Keep in mind Kidd in his first two seasons was actually less efficient than Rubio is now. Not saying Rubio will be as good as Kidd but he can definitely become a lot better. He already has shown improvement and he came off an ACL injury.

10. CertifiedTroll

Ricky Rubio should have been rookie of the year, not Kyrie Irving. Rubio is easily top 5 PG in the league, he shows the potential to be an all time great.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

stay trollin;

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's a big rumor that needs to be cited..

13. wapz

wapz Member

lin will be turrrrible in this game... *anti-jinx*

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

We did lose to these guys by 13 when they were missing three rotation players and had 9 guys in uniform. . . . This is not a gimme.

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Not based on shooting from the field. Not based on PER. Not based on turnover rate. Not based on assist to turnover ratio. I can't come up with a lot more possible things to define "efficiency" on.
    First two seasons comparison

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I wouldn't start harden tonight unless harden himself said he's feeling fine to play up to speed. id let the rest start and see how they can do without him, and if we need him put him in. I want to see parsons take charge as the next role leader. he's showing that he can step up now.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly.

18. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Even with Harden out I predict a Rockets win by 27 points with TRob having a breakout game and Brooks in double figures.

19. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

McHale will play Harden 48 minutes tonight. :rolleyes:

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, i'm about to go head out to the game...i really hope harden is playing.

it's been 5 yrs since i last went..hope i can friday on a good note!!

that being said, we win 124-109!