1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 5/3/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

I believe this game is going to be very serious.

- They will have scouted every last one of our players.
    -They will have a couple of counters for our defensive strategies so we need to come up with some counters too.
    -No way their wing players are going to shoot garbage percentage again, law of averages will catch up.
    -Durant will know who Asik is this time.

BUT DAMN IT LETS GO ROCKETS. LETS CHASE THEM OFF OUR COURT

2. texansalltheway

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-kevin...le/3805773?custom_click=pod_headline_nba-news
    According to their newspaper, they may be planning to double team Harden tomorrow, and play Collison alongside with Martin for offenses. Martin is much more effective playing along with Collison whom only played 5 mins in game 5.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We are probably getting JVG and someone else. Breen is probably doing the Chicago game. Rockets-Thunder carry the bigger names and storylines over Clippers and Memphis.

5. verysimplejason

I hope Lin can play at least 10 mins. Beverly and Harden needs some rest so they can go full throttle by 3rd and 4th quarter.

6. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If he doesn't play at least 10 mins. He needs to give 2 million to the city of Houston.

7. coffeelover665

what...?

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

wut...?

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

wahhh?

10. mastathor

mastathor Rookie

I think JLin should just sit out Game 6 as well. He was really in pain in Game 3. Even if he can play, he won't be 100% and that injury or bruise can be a target of an accident.

11. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Must win game. Do or die.

A winnable game too.

12. dream1222

dream1222 Member

win or go fishing

13. wincan459

wincan459 Member

LOL.

If not joking, you are a great fan but less than a great husband.

I would never upset my wife to such an extent just for a game. It's not that important, LOL.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

We got Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown, not bad, alot better than Jon Barry who is awful.

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

We are 1 point favorites.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Let Durant get his 30+ points, nobody is stopping that, so if we focus on the rest of the team we should be fine.

Perimeter defense is key.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Kevin Durant, please leave and don't leave anything behind because "THIS IS MY CITY!!!!!!!!" Sweep the Thunder, book them for being infamous.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I was such a sober guy at the begining of this series. Now I'm drunk with passion and fantasy. Lets rock n roll.

One thing about the Rockets this season, when we beat somebody we beat the team, their fans, the league and the pundits...and may I add, the refs in some cases.

Victory is really a sweet thing.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But make him work for those points and assists. I said to myself in the 3rd quarter in Game 5 when Durant was outstanding that he was having to work his butt off without any rest just to keep the Thunder in the game and that it would take its toll on him in the 4th quarter. And lo and behold, he was wiped out in the final 12 minutes.

That I think is the real key to this game for the Rockets. Get off to a good start and do not spot the Thunder another double-digit lead in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. If Durant has to work hard the entire game to keep his team close, that prevents him from getting any rest and those late game-winning 3s won't fall for him.