1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/4/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2014.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Please stay in 5th Portland, Please.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

almost makes up the past 5 Thunder vs Rockets games...but not really

3. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He had 4, when OKC fouled on purpose to stop the clock, n one was 3 seconds, so he shot 15 FTs, missing 3 of the "regular" ones, so he was basically 12-15, Durant was 11-12, if it was a different scenario Durant would have had more FT's.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

makes up for*

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Which ones? If anything OKC got away with out of bound calls and phantom fouls. Harden and Parsons were hit on every possession multiple times. Lin was hammered all game long and didn't got to the line once..

6. delta69er

delta69er Member

I don't think I've ever seen a team get as many foul calls on jump shots as we did tonight lol

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

OKC got calls whenever they were aggressive and drove in. The problem was the shot jump shots down the stretch. Those rare 3 pt fouls Harden and Parsons drew is what Durant gets multiple times per game. Durant got like 4 of those alone in the last game against us.

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

when I see that Hottie's tracker thread has a post of Lin with Rita Garcia, I have a little feeling we will win. :)

granted Lin played only decent, but hey, we WON!

-hotties thread believer-

9. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Agreed, but then he had a few nice shots a floater and a 3 in partiuclar tkat looked like confident Lin, then Harden dumps the ball to him with only 2 secs on the sc and he heaves one up and you could tell James gave him some ju ju on the way back down the court (which whether you are a Lin lover or hater - of which I am neither - is BS on Harden), but that missed layup on the 3 on 1 was literally unreal, and NOT in a good way... I think if Lin would be aggressive and attack under control (which seems to be his major drawback at times) he is a valuable asset, but when he drives and picks up his dribble or gets tentative on the offensive side of things he suddenly becomes a major negative very quickly because he affects how other guys around him play.

10. DreamEarlNolan

I don't think I could have taken it if the Rockets had lost. So glad to see the Rockets get back in the win column and beating the hated Thunder makes it even better. I almost wish I didn't love this team as much as I do. The highs when they are going good are amazing, but man the lows when they struggle suck. Tonight was a good night.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets got a couple 3 point foul calls

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You know, I never looked at the Warriors' remaining schedule. They could sneak into 5th after all. Aside from their game in Portland, the rest are all very winnable. And if they win that game against the Blazers, they get the tiebreaker.

Honestly, I'm not afraid of either Golden State or Portland. The Warriors have not been playing great ball lately and they're as banged up as the Rockets. Bring on both of them.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You said it bruddah

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Someone needs to bump the Pre-season wins total prediction thread

15. rocketshopeful

i really feel like plowing somoene in the face. i should be able to hear the city call-in about this win and be all excited. instead i am hearing some dudes on 740 via iheart radio talking about god.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Anyone can post CSN highlights?

The ESPN ones are basically a Durant highlight reel

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Good Job Rockets!

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Rockets win, and all the news are about KD tying MJ's record. Yay

19. Da34Box

Da34Box Member