1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/3/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2016.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"And Bickerstaff finally did it against the Thunder, watching Capela help a Howard-less Rockets team come back from a 12-point deficit, then watching them fall behind again when Dwight returned" Ethan R

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, that is why Plus minus is so misleading Dwight built up a big plus in the first quarter before he went out.

DD

3. basketballholic

Oh, yeah, very.

Capela was -9 in the first half....and -9 until the last run in the 4th quarter....which tipped him into positive territory.

Very misleading.

Basically Capela sucked the whole first half the first 17 minutes of the second half.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is what I mean, a guy who is putting an entire argument on Plus minus when it is completely dependent on the teammates you are playing with and whom you are playing against, and if someone hits a couple of 3s....when Capela is on the floor his goes down.

What a waste of time arguing the stats.

Eyeballs are better, Dwight is terrible.

DD

1 person likes this.
  5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Played to stay alive another day!

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The issue is more along the lines that he doesn't do that much

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[youtube]vutfBN1TYKg[/youtube]

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

We are capable of beating in the playoffs. Too bad we won't get to the 6 seed

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Dwight was okay on defense for a few minutes, that's it. Capela blocked a lot of key shots and truly intimidated. He didn't go for every block and actually boxed out. He also made steals and dove for balls.

It's crazy indeed to see how much better Capela was in there and I even told my friend when Dwight came back in, watch him get his 5th foul and I hope it's soon because we are better without him. Luckily he did get his 5th and Capela returned to save us!

I get that J.B. wants to roll with his once star fallen from grace, but we don't have time for Dwight to worry about saving face. Everybody can see he's not the guy he once was and most games, the longer he plays, the more embarrassing it becomes.

We ran about 2-3 plays where he went to his little throw it up there shot instead of a hook with a flick of the wrist. He missed every time and he is so close to the basket. We just lost momentum with letting our offense go through him. It happens almost every single game. A real coach would adjust, J.B. lets them do whatever they want.

10. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Yeah I was surprised as well, if anything Brewer should not be getting double digit minutes to make way for KJ and same case Terry for AG. Won't be surprised if Beasley gets phased out completely from the rotation all of a sudden, but I guess it worked well last night heh

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Well yeah, Clint didn't play all that great in the first half, so what? He affected the game in a positive way when it mattered. Also, Capela is still basically a rookie and very raw. He still has issues getting into foul trouble and he isn't consistent.

Now the sad part is, that the highest paid player on the team has those exact same issues and he is a vet. Dwight basically sucked the entire time he was on the court and it is not like he was going up against a stud of a center or anything.

If Clint can manage to get off 8 shots on pnr and putbacks, why can't Dwight do it? Dwight is still athletic, he is way stronger than Clint and shouldn't be prone making the same mistakes as a rookie (one would think anyway).

I think 3 of Dwights 6 (?) attempts came off post play early in the second half - and he didn't manage to score on any of those if I remember correctly. I just don't get why he won't be more aggressive and engaged in playing the pnr.

Also, he seemingly gets upset for not being involved enough on the offensive end, but he doesn't wanna work for easy opportunities? That's just not right.

Something went on last night with Dwight being upset after the first half - I think I heard something to that effect on the broadcast. I have said it before, and I think they said it on the broadcast too, Dwight needs to do a better job of getting in position to get the ball.

I honestly like Dwight, but he has put together a string of embarrassing games, where he has been INVISIBLE.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Dwight needs to play more like Capella

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, in fact i think KD was really saying that Harden can play without guarding another player since Roberson sucks...that's why he said "especially against us" lol

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I disagree, even Kanter alone would be elite center competition in today's game but you combine that with where Adams is at and they probably have the biggest strongest front court in the league. Adams is well seasoned and ironically Rockets drafted him I believe but traded him away in that deal to get Harden. Can you imagine having Adams instead of this disgruntled Howard?

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

I wasn't saying that they are scrubs, they are decent players. I could understand this kind of showing (maybe) against Cousins,DeAndre, etc.

Kanter isn't a good defender; Adams is a hustle player but definitely not what I consider a great center. Howard should be able to dominate those players, PERIOD.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Rockets never drafted Adams.

The #8 pick which we acquired from Toronto in the Kyle Lowry trade was a HUGE part in why OKC traded with us.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have to believe you didn't watch the game if you think Dwight was more effective than Capela yesterday.

18. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

EDIT: I was wrong

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Josh smith and Beasley almost had almost doubled the points in half the time of Dmo and Brewer

Dmo needs to step his **** up and Brewer should be released

20. onreego

onreego Member

Seems like JB doesn't think OKC is a good matchup for Beasley. 2nd time he's limited Beas's minutes.