1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 3/26/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Maybe because he has proved the analysts and "experts" wrong almost every season except the last one?

He was a 6th man who is doing things that all these guys are prolly dreaming off now - Jalen Rose and doing things guys are envious of - Reggie Miller

He has already surpassed whatever former Rockets did for this franchise - TMAc

He is proving the people who wrote him off wrong - Idiot Max, Chris inside sauces Brouassrd, Skip Bayless

Some are jealous that he refused to give them the D while giving it to others - Michelle Beadle

And on and on...

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Harden leads in all stats that:

a.) account for team wins in their formula; and
    b.) have a % behind the number.

It's too late pretty much at this point. People who are swinging based on a superior performance by one guy or another this afternoon are closet Westbrook fans. Both sides are pretty much hunkered down in their positions, and the rest is just identity politics. Were you an auto-Harden hater before the season started? One of the pundits who helped perpetuate the "literally Hitler" meme on reddit? Because you probably aren't voting Harden no matter what.

3. Wylo

Wylo Member

Not to be so critical, but this question keeps coming up in clutchfans when the answer is obvious. Not many people are fan of Harden's style of play (especially the way he draws fouls) and lack of defensive effort. I'm not saying these are legitimate reasons to dislike Harden, because a lot of those accusations are over-blown and not fair. But at least that's the perception, and is the reason why some people don't like him. It's not a conspiracy.

#103 Wylo, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

5. Wylo

Wylo Member

"Roberson is useless"

Anyone who can slow down an MVP candidate like that is at least as valuable as a 20 PPG scorer.

GIve me Roberson over Ariza all day.

#105 Wylo, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  6. HookemHorns1250

Finally.... a big game that's doesn't start at 9:30, bring the second always in back to back games.

Sure, espn will be watching every step Westbrook and Harden take, but these are the games that Beverley shows why he's so valuable.

Looking forward to another Cavs like game from Bev.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Per Feigen on twitter, Anderson is out until after the road trip. That is 5 games.

Per Ackerman on twitter, Gordon to start today,

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ouch. losing Ryno gonna hurt

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Man I wish we would start Dekker .

I like Gordon, bev, James , Trevor , and Clint ... But I like to close with that vs open . Playing that small kinda forces us to bump our effort level up to the max ... Which is fine , but I don't wanna see guys going too hard in the first quarter . Against good teams we have to pace ourselves a bit more intelligently

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sports media shouldn't love or hate anyone.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I love Gordon starting. Crazy to suggest but I could see this starting lineup sticking into the playoffs. Really hope Gordon steps up.

12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

As long as he is 100% to start the playoffs, I don't mind him missing the last 10 games of the regular season.

We just need 4 more wins to clinch the 3rd seed anyway.

Patience likes this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This really speaks to the reality of Sam's hitting the wall...I guess.Taking EG out of his role is not cool, esp. with the downside risk.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gordon better hit some shots

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wanted to see Dekker start, but I'm cool with EG starting too. Giving him more minutes can get him ready for the playoffs. He is a scoring threat, and a additional ball handler, who can take pressure off from Harden. EG could prove to be very helpful against OKC.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the $80M mosaic glass decorative showpiece on the bench

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

One side effect of Anderson's injury and D'Antoni starting Gordon in his place is that he may have just handed Sixth Man of the Year to Lou. Gordon will have started too many games when you factor in the beginning of the year when Bev was out to be seen as a true bench player in the eyes of voters.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Here at the game!! Section 407

Reeko, Killatron 2000 and heypartner like this.
  19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

But honestly why don't we let Kyle air it out for a few, see what he's about

20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Kobe Bean in the house