1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 10/10/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 9, 2012.

1. hainguyen281

hainguyen281 Member

I have Comcast but when I turn to channel 39/639 it says "not authorized CSNH". I guess I have the basic plan, do you need upgrade package plan to get CSN?

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oops. Stupid post. Edited.

Go Rockets!

Rockets by 10+

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

What channel is the rockets game on? my tv service is FirstRowSports. Quality isn't great, signal goes out sometimes but it's cheap!

4. AXG

AXG Member

Hopefully very soon...

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Even tho the starters are only going to play the first quarter it will be nice to see lamb jones and Dmo get extensive minutes against real nba players even if they are just 2nd and 3rd unit guys.

6. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm in the same boat. It does look like the Friday game will be televised, though.

7. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

8. jaychi

jaychi Member

forgot what website for downloading the torrents for the game. can anybody share? Thanks!

9. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

I have optimum cablevision and I bought the nba pass as well. I live in nj, the NBA channels are 431, 432, ,433. The weird thing is the channel is listing three games on 10/12, one of them is Rockets vs Hornets, but not listing tomorrow's game.

Does anyone see the same thing?

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

league pass has never included preseason games. At least I think that's the case.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Some games are on, but not all. I'm watching Memphis at Chicago (archive) right now.

Would be interesting to see the rookies fighting to make the roster.

12. luden

luden Member

Quotes from Mchale and Jason Friedman interview:
    “The interesting thing about Wednesday is I’m not exactly sure what’s going to happen at all,” admitted Head Coach Kevin McHale following the first of two practices the Rockets had planned for Tuesday. “I don’t know if our guys will stay with their plan and do their job and (stay) disciplined, or if it will be just a three-ring circus and everybody’s running around because they’re all excited because they’re playing in front of a bunch of people and it’s their first NBA game.

“It’s more of a learning experience. Preseason games sometimes are so much fool’s gold it’s ridiculous. It depends on where you’re at. For us, we’re going to play our guys more. I assume (Thunder Head Coach) Scott Brooks and Oklahoma City care a little bit more about June next year and playing in the Finals than they are thinking about, ‘Boy, October 10 we’ve got a big preseason game in McAllen.’”

Wednesday’s game will provide McHale and his staff with their best test yet of the various rotations they’ve been toying with since the start of training camp. At this point, good health permitting of course, the starting lineup seems set with Omer Asik at center, Patrick Patterson at power forward, Chandler Parsons at small forward, Kevin Martin at the two and Jeremy Lin manning the point. But beyond that a whole host of possibilities exist, with another eight-to-ten players figuring to be part of the positional melee that ensues for the rest of the Rockets’ rotation minutes.

“There are guys that play better together, you can already see it,” said McHale. “And usually the guys that are playing better together are just accountable guys that do their job and just kind of stay in their lane – you can play off of those guys.”
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/m/news/news-and-notes-rockets-ready-launch

Pretty much what people have been saying, testing out various rotations.

13. kpopy

kpopy Member

easy win for sure!:grin:

14. rockets11champs

OMG OMG OmG
    Rockets basketball!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahznsjdnsbnshsbsndhs
    So excited

15. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

For those who have international league pass the game will be broadcasted.

16. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

What you mean broadcasted? like a real game from beginning to end without blackouts, I was kinda sweating after I heard there's black outs and no pre, post game interviews and starts the game with tip off, hope this not the case, cus it kinda sucks. So international LP will have player intro, just bought it earlier today , and I can't access it yet.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I hope you're right.

BRING ON THE NEW AGE!!!

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Anyone know any bars that will have the game here in Houston?

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I am so ready for the new season to start. I love the rebuilding thing we're doing finally after years of competitive mediocrity. I know our team will be lucky to win 30 games this year, but damnit as long as there is growth, I am confident we can add a major piece next year through trade or FA that will make us annual contenders. This year is all about the journey.

I AM READY

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This guy looks like a fatter version of Mark Cuban