1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I've been working and haven't been able to post as much, but WTH lol.

Perhaps we need a constructive "Tell the truth Monday" like LSU, going over film and going back to the basics with fundamentals.

This team has way more talent and is better than this stretch. It needs to shake it off and go on a win streak.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't knee jerk yet, we in a slump, but our record is still positive!

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Glad I missed the 4th.

Classic.

:mad:

bmelo and htwnbandit like this.
  4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Not a knee jerk if it’s 4 games in a row where they look like a D League team

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charles: If you're 1/17, that's just stupid.

lol.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They are not throwing games. They have no motivation or direction because the coach is useless. Plus, we just have a bad supporting cast to begin with. Players like Tucker, House, Gordon and Rivers are also playing much worse this season. It's basically just Harden, Westbrook and Capela who are performing for the most part.... and you can't win consistent games with just 3 players turning up each game.

They are the reasons of why our team looks bad out there this season.

#1106 aliadiere25, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s right

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

I turned it off on 14 stepback attemp

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If yer gonna run a system predicated upon 3 pt baskets... it might be good to have players that can make a 3 pt shot...

...jus sayin...

but hey... we got a coach that doesnt really coach... so there's that...

Aruba77 and Bearded13 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They cannot even make their Free Throws when you count on them.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's interesting our players and coaches are not panicking at all or making changes.

I wonder how many more consecutive Ls before they start to panick and wonder if they should change it up.

By that time, the trade deadline will probably have passed and changes to the roster is impossible, then we can only rely on the brilliance of Dan Dantoni :rolleyes:

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is really bad. How do you let a team come back like that? We seem to do it every time we have a lead. I don't know if it's the players or the coach or the way the roster is constructed, or all 3, but it's part of our team's DNA and it's freaking heartbreaking to watch.

This is not working. We need to do something to shake things up.

bro2044 likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

WOW @ the words by Feigen, Harden, Westbrook & MDA. It tells me the following:

- Harden has lost whatever sense of accountability he's had. If there was one game he needed to own up to losing it for us, it was this one. He's saying WE stopped doing the things that got us the lead might be true, but YOU are the one who decided to do some iso ball when Westbrook got you back in it!

- Westbrook might not be the guy who cares about other guys playing as hard as he does. He spoke up at a meeting before, but now just accepts a loss since they played well for most of the game? The first and fourth quarter we played worse than the Thunder.

- Feigen is showing some frustration there, I like it. Time for the mouthpiece to let his feelings out. I'm sure it's tough for him since we've had critical writers who got fired. Rockets don't like criticism, very sensitive ball club.

- MDA, well I actually partially feel sorry for the guy. If he truly believes it wouldn't make a difference if he tells Harden to stop shooting those shots, then he's more delusional and under the spell of Morey than I thought. It also tells me he actually has no power, Harden just does what he wants.

Not sure if that is the dynamic due to Harden's status in the organisation, because MDA just never did before or a mix of the two, but it's likely Harden's power is too great and it doesn't matter what coach we get. If that is true, then we're basically doomed and have to accept Harden holding this organisation hostage.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hate to be that guy but a lot of you deserved this 100% because you DONT VALUE REGULAR SEASON... like at all...
    I always believed RS is more important than playoffs because regular season is every day of my life and playoffs comes just once in a blue moon

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you use the word sad too much.. i almost never use that word....are you satisfied with your life? if not why not try replacing it with 'intriguing'?

Os Trigonum and J Sizzle like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what if Harden (or Tilman) did the exact same thing you did before the game?
    I wouldn't have blamed him

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's my greatest fear. MDA has such a peace, love, and pass the peace pipe, I'm not worried attitude half the time.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I usually hate Charles' comments, but it is kind of funny that he was that blunt. Dang.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Agree. Though normally I'd say I'd love to see him drive more, but in the parts i watched last night, and listening to you all for other games, he just gets hacked too much w/o a whistle. The parts I saw of this game weren't bad---the Lakers game was atrocious for it---but his efficiency is going to continue to take a massive hit if the league continues to have the Rockets be officiated differently than other teams. If the result of a drive is going to be two hacks at his arms, and a turnover or missed shot, he's not going to do much driving to the hoop.

I'm pleased that he showed enough professionalism to work on his shooting after the game.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I do. Heck, I am usually taking vacation during most of the playoffs, so the regular season is where I get to see us play most. We were so much fun to watch for awhile, before House hurt his back. Lately, it's been hard to watch.

The light at the end of this tunnel is that it won't take a lot to make a big difference. The trade deadline is my biggest hope right now. But, just like last night, we could have easily won if anyone around Russ had simply just played average. All James needed to do was shoot at .176 from the arc and we would have won. If Gordon, McLemore, and Tucker had just averaged a little over 7 pts we would have won. Ugh.

Even crazier is that in 12 minutes, Sefalosha had 5 pts, 4 rebounds, and 2 blocks. In 41 minutes Tucker had 5 pts, 3 rebounds, and 0 blocks. In 20 minutes McLemore had 6 pts, 2 rebounds, and 0 blocks.

Oh, and once again Harty sat watching it all