1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 1/20/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Nobody wants Harden to stop shooting three-point shots permanently. All we want is for him to show situational awareness and be willing to change course when he’s struggling with his shot or it’s a key possession late in a close game.

Today, the Thunder could not stop either Harden or Westbrook from getting layups at will. If you turn 10 of those Harden missed threes into layup opportunities, he makes at least half of them and possibly gets fouled on others. That’s 10-15 extra points.

Remlap, RocketsTerps, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Whoa forgot we played tonight. Oh well. I’ve checked out

hakeem94 and lionaire like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna raise the BS flag on that one. Harden doesn't need to take the load in order for us to win. Tonight we lost by 5 pts. If Tucker, McLemore, or Gordon had scored 11 pts we would have won. If all 3 of them had just scored 7 points we would have won. If Harden had shot even .176 from 3 pt range we would have won It doesn't take much to make a difference between winning and losing.

Coaching, adjustments and rotations need to be better. This trade deadline is coming quick. I am keeping my fingers crossed. That one player we so desperately need in our starting rotation could make all the difference in the world. Neither James nor Russ needs to carry this team if we simply play better as a team.

jcmoon, hakeem94 and ak99999 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

this. it has nothing to do with stopping him from shooting. it's just actually playing smarter basketball.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Me too. I bet there was quite the melt down in this thread. Harden is continuing his playoffs form I see.

hakeem94, B-Bob and BigShasta like this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We've seen no evidence that Harden and Westbrook's supporting cast can consistently play well as a team. In most of the games this season, we've either been blown out, struggle to beat a team when we've had a decent lead, or we tend to blow big leads which leads to defeats. We haven't won many games comfortably this season. We're a very inconsistent team, and that's most likely down to the supporting cast and the coach.

Remember when we were 11-14 at the start of last season and had key injuries to CP3, Capela and Gordon? The only reason we got out of that is because Harden had to carry like hell. My point is we've never had a good supporting cast. One man is the reason we even win games consistently. The reason we're losing this many games now is because Harden isn't carrying. It isn't a coincidence.

7. riko

riko Member

The lack of resistance in this team is all to evident. It’s a combination of a ageing team with very athletic forwards at the frontline and old legs to run out a fool game.

8. Section123row16seat1

Guys, the rumor is the team is tanking to get D’Antoni fired.
    Everyone is fed up

the only guys showing heart because they don’t know any better are Russ and pj

I sat second row court side behind harden mom tonight.... what a nice lady btw, she surprised two fans a man and his 6 year old son with court side seats tonight outside the arena.... they were originally in the 400s, I decided to keep the good vibes going and picked up his tab lol

but seriously this team is frustrated and wants change.

i don’t Blame then

did hartenstien play tonight? No

so many makes NO sense scenarios with this team

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Pringle is without a contract. Tanking for what? Doubt it. It’s not like most of these guys have a year to waste at this point of their careers.

Package CC and Gordon for Love

Remlap likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at tanking. this old team has time to waste a year. nah they're really struggling and losing. get him fired and they'll still struggle

HP3 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

They weren’t tanking when they got up by 18 in the third quarter and led by 16 midway in the fourth. The problem is lack of athleticism up front and ageing team with a superstar in a slump who usually bails them out

HP3 likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

It’s gonna take more then that to get this fixed

13. riko

riko Member

Especially when everytime he drove he bullied burton either scored or got to the line

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This is non sense. You think we have players that would throw games? C'mon man.

If they wanted him gone they could just go to the front office and say it. James has that kind of power as a supersrar. These guys compete for a living I can't believe you have the audacity to suggest they would lose on purppse.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Section123row16seat1

16. Section123row16seat1

just what I heard

never said it was true

17. HP3

HP3 Member

What you heard from who? You heard from Harden's mom?

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden could literally just ask to fire him are you kidding me.

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

It's a message board designed for ppl to go back & forth dude, get over it

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Section123row16seat1

Just rumblings from people who sit court side more often than I do

hopefully my handle gives the impression that’s not where I usually am