1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 2/5/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Missing one of Lin or Parsons is fine. Missing both probably means an L

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

This one is for playoff position.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I really like PJ. Very scrappy, not afraid to do the dirty work, lots of little but key things that don't reflect in the box score. Not generally an offensive threat, but he's managed to string together some pretty high-scoring games recently.

I'm excited for this game, though. I had to sell my tix to the first Phoenix game (blessing in disguise, I guess) -- but this should be a fun one. Hope they don't make me regret saying that....

4. Mariachi ROCKET

I realy want to beat the Suns

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Just listened to today's post practice interviews... they sound like they understand the gravity of the situation, but who knows.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Missing Parsons is more of a big deal because the talent dropoff is much more vast..

7. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

If the Suns can bet Indiana, they can beat us. So the guys will have to play hard to win this one. If Lin stays aggressive and McHale gives him enough time on the floor, and Harden having a good game, no way Suns can beat us.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chandler didn't play that game. They've put Tucker on Harden since last season. Harden seems to get frustrated by him. I think they actually got into a scuffle in a game last season.

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

No, it's not. Both were responsible for winning a similar number of games last season, and this season it's not all that different. Theoretically, Parsons should be having an easier time given that he hasn't had to change positions or anything drastic about his game. He's slight overrated and Lin is slightly underrated.

10. MGC

MGC Member

This might be a tough game as the Suns are playing good lately.
    Everybody should stay aggressive and should not let the Suns gather momentum.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And we are right on the Clippers, Spurs and Blazers heels. The life in the Wild Wild West.

12. Clarinetmonster

I think you misunderstood - he was talking about the talent drop off from Parsons to the next SF in the rotation.

13. Clarinetmonster

Maybe it was mentioned, but they have moved one spot ahead of us in the power rankings.
    6th Suns
    7th Rockets

Let's make this a statement game - destroy!!!:mad:

14. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Maybe we should drop to 7th to play the Spurs in the playoffs ?? :)

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only by winning will we gain confidence, otherwise we will knocked out by any playoff opponent.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Who knows what is going to happen with these guys? Gut feeling says we will win.

Definitely a statement game. One way or another.

112-108 Rox.

17. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Thank you Wizards for beating Blazers. We are getting close to having 3rd seed, let's beat Suns and should be about 2 games behind.

18. jocar

jocar Member

They're on a 5 game win streak. We lose by 2 in overtime :( Sorry I had to break the news.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What are Harden's averages against the Suns the last two seasons? I recall a couple of very high scoring games by him last year in Phoenix, in losses of course.

20. jocar

jocar Member

38/8 L
    18/4 W
    33/6 W
    16/2 L