1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 11/23/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2005.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is the game on any of the Chinese sports channels? Or what TV station would it be on?

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm not talking about why we're not making the pass... but Yao is just not even FIGHTING for position... that is how the fronting defense normally works (guys like Najera push him around).

Look at how Swift just overpowered the smaller Diaw from fronting him and got position... Yao didn't attempt that once.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Once again... we have to adjust our lineup (and Yao) to the opponent... rather than the opponent having to adjust.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Maybe he's just saving his energy to satisfy you guys in the second half?:) It's just 6,7 mins, can we just watch a game, or at least half a game, before everyone cries? I can't see the game, only saw 1-6 for JH, that's a little bit too much in the beginning.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Everybody else has to shoot more when Yao can't get position. I'm just sick and tired of having hopes that he can just go out there and consistently do what he wants to do... but alas, we're still struggling with the same gripes (fronting defense, smaller defenders) that we were talking about 3 years ago.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Head should be given the green light to shoot.

7. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Yao is a softy and an embarrassment for this team.

I can't stress how horrible Howard is as well, missed several point blank dang'ols already. Unbelievable.

The fact that Yao won't atleast TRY to fight for position is just sad...

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Alright... Yao back in... hopefully he got the message.

EDIT: He actually fought for position, got the ball, and missed the shot... but at least he fought for position. I just want to see that effort to start the game, especially when its obvious what the Suns gameplan was going to be after they put Diaw in the lineup.

#48 Nick, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he doesn't have it? he doesn't turn down a good look, even takes a few bad ones. if he shoots anymore the YOF's will have his head. ;)

10. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Problem is, you can tell how a came will transpire just by the opening minutes of the game.

Last night, the Rockets looked pretty sharp coming out. Tonight they are playing Dang'ol again.

Not to mention Yao is not even putting forth the effort to throw Diaw or Thomas behind him.

I wish someone here on the BBS has an inside track to the Rockets coaching staff to inform them to tell Yao to just start pushing and fighting in the post.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

according to clutch there are 32 members that work for the rockets in the front office or as a player or coach.

12. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

is this on pplive??

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Every single Rocket looks like they're a chicken with their head's cut off.... including Jon Barry (who always looked super-smooth).

14. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Why do the Rockets call TIMEOUT so freaking often?

It seems like we barely come back from break and then 2 minutes later another timeout. What the heck is JVG trying to do?

15. brooksstephens

Is anybody else having trouble getting the game on NBA league pass?

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I am watching it on ESPN

17. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So does that do us any good? I mean based on your experiences, has the venting or suggesting on this forum actually been addressed and enforced?

18. brooksstephens

On TNT there are commercials and the program title reads "GOLF"

19. PhiSlammaJamma

TACO BELL UPDATE: WE SUCK

but I like our chances.

20. brooksstephens

TNT IS SHOWING FREAKIN GOLF!!!