1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/5/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2005.

1. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Is this the most hyped game so far this season? This thread has more than 170 replies and the game is not even started yet.:confused: :eek: :D

2. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Upset special baby! I do believe we'll beat them but I think if the scores get into the 100's our chances diminish

4. littlefish_220

we have 162 responses before a match, what did it happen last time?

seems like people are really hype on this game. hopefully rox won't break the bubble again!

We can win!

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Guess what? The Rockets have added incentive. They are sitting in the 8th spot in the West, BUT, the 7th and 6th spots are in reach. We are only one game behind LA and Minn. How bad do they want to be 6th in the West, very possible. This is a benchmark game in more ways than one.

6. GRENDEL

Yeah, if we win tonite and friday, we are back in the thick of the playoff race

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's refreshing!

The Rockets should win this game, they'll slow the game down, keep it close and they'll win it in the fourth quarter. National TV game?? If it is T-Mac might join the 50 point club tonight.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

If we can some how pull out a win tonight, it will prove to the league the ROX are the real deal. Hell maybe we can even get some calls from the refs.. Who am i kidding thats never gona happin lol

9. GRENDEL

Sad but true!

10. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

X Factor: Deke

I say in spirts of the game when we need a stop put Deke in the game. And to prevent him from having to guard Amare we play zone defense. Force the Suns to attack the basket (not giving them the 3 pointer, they shoot it too well) and tell Deke to send all of it into the stands.

Rox win ;)

11. qrui

qrui Member

too many days in between games... this is on page #6 already and the game is not on for another 5 hours ... :D

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

6 pages of pre-game responses all because of Amare Stoudemire. Seriously, if this guy wasn't on the phoenix suns, this thread would probably be only 3 pages max right now. I hope he's not in Yao's head the same way he's in our heads.

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Well I don't think we're going to.....Grrr.....must fight urge....ahh what the heck. Lets beat the Suns and send them packing!!

[​IMG]

Pugs

14. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Play transition D.

Rockets: 105
    Suns: 98

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

its not just Amare but their record. Only 4 losses this season.. pretty damn impressive

16. RocketsFAN3035

maybe I'm looking to much into this, but I say it's our most important game so the season (thus far)

we win, all the haters stop hating on the board, and people will start to respect us again (i.e. ESPN crew, TNT crew ect).

We lose......well we'll see

I say we win from being well rested and PHX playing @ Minny last night:

HOU 125
    PHX 110

******crossing his fingers******

17. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

Why we will win:

The two news guys will makes us quicker.......so we can compete with the Suns now and teams like Dallas who we lost to two times already.

Our 3-game winning streak

Yao steps it up or at least shows aggressiveness or dosen't get into foul trouble

Home Court

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) we must protect the ball and not let them feed off of our turnovers - that is the suns' bread and butter

2) we must make it a heavily physical grind-it-out game and get the refs involved to call everything in the paint very closely

3) no matter how much we fall behind, we must continue fighting back and coming after them relentlessly - the suns will let us back in the game

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Just wait 'til we play Orlando. :D

20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yep, this is the key game this season. Playing the top seed in the league, national TV, nobody expects you to win, chance to be a 7/6 seed, no single game has been bigger than this game this season. If the players can't get up for this game, they won't get up for any game. I look for the Rox to leave it all out on the floor today.