1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/5/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Yao's gota show Amare whos boss

3. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

this is the game we must win. if we lose, can u imagine how many Trade Yao threads will pop up after the game?

4. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I just wish that Yao shoves it straight to Amare's rear, win or loss.

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Dikembe elbow Amare
    jk

This will be a good game on ESPN.

Sura will have to contain Nash.
    Wesley...I don't know if he can guard Q. Rich.
    Tmac will be battling wit h Marion the whole night. An endurance challenge..
    Howard vs Amare doesn't sound pleasant.
    Yao can own Hunter though :D

Just play defense and everyone has to score. Efficiency. It's at home and that will be their second game of a back to back..first against Minnesota. I hope we can win. I hope we don't get blown out if we lose.

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

Amare realize he has no chance against a good Houston team. Looks lost on court because he doesn't know what else to do when all his shots against Yao are being send back to his face.

Rox 100
    Suns 79

7. okuseinde

okuseinde Member

Continue the streak.
    HOU 97
    PHO 93

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Glad Yao gets more time to recover from the flu and our new guys get more practice time in the system.

You could tell Yao was still a little green around the gills last night.

I hope we use this game to make a statement to the league.

Get RocketAstro two free Big Macs ---> Rockets 101 Suns 79

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If we beat the suns, we are officially back in the playoff picture in my book. Go rockets.

10. brush

brush Contributing Member

Yao needs to show some attitude against Suns, just like what Amare have been doing to Rockets.

11. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

second win of the 05 :D
    We'll Win by 12!

12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

yao drops 50 on amare.

13. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Rockets are down by 20 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter; they make a monster comeback capping it off with a dunk by Yao on Amare to tie the game with 10 seconds left. On the inbounds, Sura steals the pass and gives it to Barry, who then passes to T-Mac in the corner in front of the Suns bench. He shoots a three and blows Amare the Kiss of death....oh sorry its not the playoffs yet?

Rockets 108
    Suns 100

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Well, we are going to find out some more about how consistent we are.

Nash is the guy I hate, the guy is clutch and non stop

But then again he will have some scrappy defenders on him.

Yao better take it personal and put a hurt on Armare.

Rockets-99
    Suns- 98

guess who wins the game with a 3 pt. shot with 2.1 secs left

initials are TM

Now there is no doubt he is the ONE

15. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

The keys to beat the suns:

1. Stop Nash. Suns is the most dangerous when Nash penetrates and dishes out to teammates. That's their only effective half court game. I have watched a couple of Suns game. When Nash is not on the floor, Suns look horrible in offense, mostly revert back to ISO plays. Use Wesley on Nash. He has better speed than Sura. T-Mac would also be a good choice in stretches, as his speed/long arms will totally black out Nash's vision.

2. Slow the game down in half court game. Don't give Suns easy fast breaks. Guards need to protect the back court at all time. Rockets front line has to rebound hard.

3. Take advantage of fast break oppurtunity. Suns is a terrible defensive team and they tend to give out many easy points in transition. It usually doesn't hurt them much since they tend to score easily as well. But it will cost them agains the Rockets's slowed-down pace. Rockets need to take every fast break oppurtunity to get some easy scores.

4. If Suns sends Amare to cover Yao one-on-one, dump the ball down to Yao. Amare is a terrible low-post defender even with his quickness. Yao can get Amare in foul trouble easily. Amare tends to want to show up Yao whenever they play each other. Amare will have one or two dunks on Yao. However, Yao will block/alter the majority of Amare's shots near the basket. Most players just backoff Amare near the basket to avoid the facial. But not Yao. Yao, unlike the majority of the other players, actually has the courage/heart to challenge dunks to protect the basket.

5. T-Mac goes off 40-50 points. He needs to draw those fouls behind the arc. Get some easy 3-pointers or 4-point plays.

If Rockets can do 3 out of the 5 above, Rockets will beat the Suns quite handsomely.

16. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Lancet, all your points are legitimate. However, I think #1 priority for us is to contain Nash. If Nash is limited, Sun is finished.

Take away their transition game like we did to Cleveland. The rest will be story.

Otherwise we are in for a long night.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

You speak much truth.

I think the Roxs will show the Nat'l TV audience what they are made of.

Roxs 101
    Suns 81

That right a 20 pt blow out!

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well. This is a true test.

Hopefully the Rockets will prevail. We can't let Nash or Amare walk all over us. Nash always seemed to eat us up when he was with Dallas.

19. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

fa7999, I agree with you. It was listed #1 in my list too :)

20. Man

Man Contributing Member

good tran. d no easy buckets for suns we win 103-96, bad tran d. easy buckets, no stopping amare or marion, nash breaking our d in half, we lose 113-86