1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 5/11/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 10, 2017.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Agreed. Even before the game, I thought that was a terrible idea when it was being floated out there. D'Antoni's given Dekker some minutes in this series. He trusted him as a rotation player all year til he got hurt. Why arbitrarily shorten your rotation even more after losing Nene for the rest of the postseason?

Maybe D'Antoni arrogantly thought the Rockets would win this one running away like they did in Game 1 and the 2nd half of Game 4, but it blew up in his face. He's got just as much to atone for tonight as Harden.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just heard Kashi was practicing shuffling his pivot foot and re-aggravated his ankle.

rocketman84, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Source?

Remlap likes this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Math is simple. 6 of our 7 players in rotation shoot the three. 3 of them have to shoot over 40% for us to have a chance and I am not talking 1/2. We did not need this against OKC. But a more talented Spurs team. We do.

So, What will it be tonight? 7 man rotation and hope 50% of your snipers shoot over 40%. That might be too much to ask. No legs = no jump shot. You listening Pringles?

WINS:

Game 1
    Anderson 4/10 - 40%
    Ariza 5/10 - 50%
    Gordon 3/6 - 50%

Game 4
    Anderson 3/7 - 43%
    Ariza + Bev 4/8 - 50%
    Gordon 6/9 - 67%

LOSSES:

Game 2
    Anderson 4/5 - 80%
    Gordon 3/7 - 43%
    Rest of team 4/22 - 18%

Game 3
    Ariza 5/12 - 42%
    Rest of team 7/27 - 26%

Game 5
    Anderson 3/6 - 50%
    Bev 5/7 - 71%
    Rest of team 8/35 - 23%

Interesting that our MVP never reaches 40%

Deuce likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

it's a joke

tbw914, BigMaloe and Remlap like this.
  6. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Damn. How could you play me like that....

BigShasta likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

Pretty sure that's a joke poking fun at Kawhi's habit of travelling all the time.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Is this a slight on Harden? Why is there an expectation for Harden to be superhuman? His usage is leading to fatigue which turns him into a bad player frankly. I don't blame Harden. I blame the coach.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Here's what the joke is about.
    Leonard really does get by with traveling quite a bit. Shifts his pivot foot very quickly
    and gets by with it all the time

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Derrick Stafford (#9)
    Rodney Mott (#71)
    Zach Zarba (#15)
    Courtney Kirkland (#61)

Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  11. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Wow didn't know this was a thing. He also completely lowers his head and charges into people, however, because we aren't looking to exploit that, no fouls. Spurs on the other hand know Harden's tendencies and have used that to flop and draw offensive fouls.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Very hard to guard a 'shapeshifter' than can change pivot feet at any given time
    or even multiple times! Having played organized ball myself, you understand that once
    a player establishes a pivot foot, there are only certain ways he can move to get around you and
    you defend given that stance.
    But what gives KL such a great advantage is he HAS NO pivot foot. He can move either way
    with the referees blessing. This is a great breakdown of some very egregious violations, the first
    one he takes multiple steps right in front of the referee. LOL

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Scott Foster. James Capers. Ron Garretson. Scott Foster did Game 2

Rockets have been whistled for more fouls and shot less free throws in every single game this series

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

No slight. To me he is simply 1 of 6 shooters that need to get hot. Granted he does much more so going off from 3 is less likely from him. Notice Williams isn't in there either.

Our offense is 3's free's and layups. If we are going to run that then half the players that shoot needs to shoot 40% or better for any given game or they all need to hang around 37-38% for the game which seems less likely.

15. count_dough-ku

I'm not sweating the officials(at least not in Game 6). If the Rockets attack the hoop, they'll get calls. If they settle for long 3's late in the shotclock, they won't be attempting many free throws.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

good crew outside of zarba

if there is a game seven I will definitely be way more worried about that in san antonio.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

almost did too, almost did.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this forever. It frustrates me to no end that James takes twice as many threes than our better shooters and he has the lowest percentage of everyone. He took 15 threes last game and is only shooting at about .281 from behind the arc. That's what is killing us. If he would just drive inside more it could make the whole difference in winning or losing.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of stuff that frustrates me about NBA officiating.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"This is what we play for!" .....the real-life mo green's and hymen roth's of vegas