1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 4/1/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<a href="showthread.php?p=6050871#post6050871">post-game analysis</a>
    <HR>
    Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Spurs
    http://www.clutchfans.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=3280

Game Chat Starts At 7:30pm
    http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm

Previous Game: Sixers 108, Rockets 97
    <LI> Box Score

Videos
    <LI> <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=202948" title="Houston Rockets video">Kyle Lowry's halftime buzzer-beating runner vs. Sixers</a>

The Rockets2K TV Listings
    Game is televised locally on FSN-Houston.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. Mashing

Mashing Member

And just like everyone thought, the Spurs got everyone back in the lineup (but still lost to the C's). This is going to be a tough game. I hope they team isn't too dispirited from the loss in Philly. The Spurs are going to be hungry for a win and he we do not match up well with the Spurs. Even with that said, we still give them a game every time out so it will be close. I do not see us winning unfortunately.

98-92

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

...sigh.

This is a very winnable game considering the Spurs' recent skid and the return to Toyota Center, where Houston's been nearly untouchable over the last month (the only home loss in March was to... the Spurs).

I'm hoping to see a heavy dose of 2Pat and Lee tonight...

4. arubato

arubato Member

W 106-92

5. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I just hope that the fool's joke is on the Spurs and not on us. :(

6. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Win out baby!!!!

7. rocketsmetalspd

Ok, the last time the Spurs were in town they were coming in off a b2b and won. The Toyota Center sounded like the Spurs fans took over the joint. No excuses tonight need to take them out, this game must be a blow out if it is close in the end the Spurs will win(refs will make sure of that in a close game).

8. Rockets_4_life

Really tough game for the Rockets...

Because this is a must win for the Spurs tonight with their current 5 game losing streak, their longest in the Duncan Era. We're going to be receiving the Spurs A game. Specially with how the media has been attacking them of late.

Also Duncan is back, and his going to want to start to get into prime Duncan mode for the playoffs

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

gtfo with your fairweather support!

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

i got faith in my boys, we're winning tonite

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

we've reached point of desperation now, I don't care how we win just get the W. These Spurs are reeling

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

crap...

Spurs: 110

Rox: 95

13. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

At least Memphis and New Orleans are playing each other tonight. Somebody has to LOSE!

14. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

Rockets, I need you tonight. After what I just witnessed with the Astros, I need something positive to happen. Please.

15. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Wait, a little confused, will this game be a make or break game- for this season?

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

If we lose that's okay, as long as we go out fighting. Against 76ers I was pissed but I realise they were tired. I must say though, after watching some 2008 games, the whole team really hustled and worked their but off. I understand this team is different but I want to see more determination.

If I know in the back of your mind every game is a must win, I would go all out. I'm sorry but I just didn't see that in the philly game. I saw no devastation from the players when they realised they lost. I saw no intensity, nobody screaming when mistakes were made or to try to get each other pumped up. Something I did see in the Rockets of 2-3 years back with Rafer, Scola and Battier.
    Battier and Alston used to be great at getting others to focus, by example and working hard on d.

Tell me if I'm wrong, honestly. If they don't show more hustle and work ethic, I'm afraid the Spurs are going to take the W home. Go out swinging and make us proud to be Rockets fans!

17. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The NBA site says that this game is going to be on KTXH - man, I really really hope that's wrong.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Play the damn bench Rick and stop running your starters into the ground...

1 person likes this.
  19. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Tuesday night's game too. That stinks; I'm in Beaumont so we definitely don't get KTXH.:(

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm out of town as well so I don't get KTXH. It REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks when the Rockets do that to their out-of-town fans.