1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 2/27/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Signed, our franchise record of 58 wins, and lack of ever having a one seed in the west in our history.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have got to be joking. What about this team, in last year's WCF and in every head-to-head matchup this season against top-tier opponents, makes you think they would do anything other than get obliterated by Golden State? The Warriors drink this team's milkshake. It hurst to admit, but it is what it is. We hope and pray that the give enough of a **** to show up and try on defense for an entire quarter most games. Hoping for an 8-seed upset seems truly delusional.

3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

This board likes to cling to the regular season games from 2012-14 versus the mark Jackson Warriors

4. chandlerbang21

Pisses me off how okc and gsw can compete and play hard for 5 quarters yet houston looking like trash

5. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

You guys do realize this rockets team got destroyed last year by the warriors and the Rockets were so much better last year.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we're light years away from competing with the current Warriors team. I know Morey needs to keep up appearances but I bet in the back of his mind, he'd rather tank this season if it were not for Les.

7. calcium

calcium Member

If the team gets past round 1 of the playoffs, I would consider this season a massive success, thought I'd have expected more at the start of the season.

But at this point in time, 2nd round would be good enough for me.

8. alethios

alethios Member

But nobody wants to play this team in the 1st round...

they might risk injury from busting a gut

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh boy...

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This team would be swept agains GS. Back to reality.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

When did he say that?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think you should fire a guy for one gamble gone wrong. I hope Morey doesn't get fired for this one really bad yea

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

F*** OKC for losing tonight.

Shame on the Rockets for losing to GSW without Curry earlier this year.

Warriors have 17 remaining home games (where they're currently undefeated) vs 7 road.

So tired of hearing about GSW, though they are awesome, and the Bulls' record is done.

F*** this season on many levels

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

give me that fine crack that he has been taking

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Morey needs to appeal to the businessman in Les. Pitch him that tanking what's left of this season in order to keep our asset (pick) is a much better business decision this year. All squeaking in at 8 or 7 will do his piss the fans off more when they are outclassed for 4 games. 5 max. This year Les needs to break with his standing order and let us fall out of the playoffs. Just not worth it this year. Curry draining that 40 footer like a damn layup proves its the Warriors to lose this year. No one is going to take it from them.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

these mugs are on some next level bullsht this season

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Cmon man. Let's not go there.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Golden State without Curry it's still one of the best teams in the league. Don't discredit that team. There's no shame in getting beat by Golden State

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I have a feeling we will be on a different level in the playoffs. It's mental for these guys. We don't play hard now because we played hard all last season and didn't really see the fruits of our labor until the playoffs where margin of error is miniscule.

If we make 6-7 seed - I see us beating whoever we play in 7 games.

We just don't care enough to play hard during regular season. There's really nothing up for grabs. Media attention is on curry and warriors so what's the point to go out and busts asses everynight.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winning against OKC in Round 1 could possibly sway Durant a little into joining us.

Not likely but one can assume......