1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Wala

Wala Member

If I Recall my memories....

Wasn't score his for 30+ against the Spur when they have both TD and DRobinson on him...

So keep the toilet paper in your mouth Vincejas..

TMAC- 25 10-21

Yao 22 and 10 reb

it getting intereting......
    :) :p :confused: :( :eek: :mad: :eek:

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

You guys are crazy.

At this point Rox has no chance beat Spurs. We are always Spurs' b*tch, no matter play at home or on the road.

87 vs 72 Spurs

T-Mac 6 of 20 15pts

Yao 12pts 6 rebs

3. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Tonights Preview

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2004120910

With their 21-game home winning streak snapped, the San Antonio Spurs will look to rebound on the road when they visit the Houston Rockets.
    San Antonio had won eight straight overall and owned the NBA's best record before Wednesday's 102-96 setback to visiting Seattle. Tim Duncan scored a season-high 39 points for the Spurs, but it wasn't enough against the surging SuperSonics.

``They're a very good team,'' said Duncan. ``Very well-coached -- they execute well. We have respect for them.''

The Spurs may not have such high praise for the Rockets.

San Antonio has won 21 of 23 meetings with Houston since the 1999-2000 season, sweeping four of the last six series between the Texas rivals. The Spurs have also won seven straight meetings from the Rockets, including three in a row at the Toyota Center.

The Rockets are trying to post their first three-game winning streak of the season.

Houston used its best fourth quarter of the season to beat hapless New Orleans 89-81 on Tuesday. Rookie Andre Barrett had 10 of his career-high 14 points over the final 12 minutes, helping Houston to a season-high 30-point fourth period.

Yao Ming scored a team-high 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds, marking the first time this season he has led the Rockets in scoring and rebounding, and Tracy McGrady added 18 points.

``I think we're doing a better job finishing the game,'' McGrady said. ``Mentally, we're stronger and more into the game. We're doing a better job of executing. We're getting stronger and doing a better job finishing out.''

Rebounding has also been a key for Houston. The Rockets are 7-1 when they outrebound an opponent, as they did Tuesday against New Orleans, 54-43.

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Yesterday I dreamt

We squash the Spurs and help them done their first long losing streak.

Rox 109
    Spurs 79

Yao 63pts/30rebs/12blks (seriously I dreamt this)
    Tmac 44pts/11rebs/16assists/6stls

and we start on a 18 game winning streak!

The turning point was Yao got mad and decided he would dominate every game moving forward and playing like a mad man.

J

5. redhova

redhova Member

They get up for the big games and play down to the little teams, no killer instinct. I am surprised that Mc Grady is not worried about the offense however it has been a big problem not that they have been missing shots but that they have been turning the ball over taking bad shot and the roll players not hitting shots something T-Mac and Yao Ming do not control

That being said I think the Spurs are overrated and crumble in close games. I think the Rockets win 91-87

6. xcharged

xcharged Member

Houston averages 87.4
    allow 89.3

Spurs average 96.1
    allow 85.0

7. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I've got a really good feeling about tonights game.
    And by good, I mean we won't be humiliated on tv.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i hate to say it but after last nights loss you know Pop is going to have his team more than ready to whip the pants off of us. When was the last time you saw the spurs lose twice in a row? I cant even remember, they usually get off to slow starts at the begining of the season and then pick it up after the all-star break, but they are off to a fast start right now. it could easily be a 65 win season for them this year.

tongihts game

spurs 98
    rockets 93

it wont be as close as that final score will indicate is my guess. we make up ground in garbage time

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Jimmy Jackson is gonna miss tonight, his third game in a row; sportsradio 610 reported. I imagine Ryan Bowen gets the start again.

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I just hope T-Mac can go off again tonight ... I think the Rockets will play them tough, and consistently play the game about 5-10 points behind.

Spurs 94
    Rox 89

11. A-Mac

A-Mac Member

Rockets lose

66: 79

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Rebounding is definitely an issue. When we outreboud opponents this season, we are 7-1!

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Okay this is probably a dumb question but does anyone know if this game is on TV51?

I'm asking because TV Guide.com says "To be announced" and every other schedule has been wrong multiple times including TV Guide.com.

Rockets PDF. schedule TnT

Rockets.com schedule TnT

Chronicle's Rockets page TV51

TV Guide.com To be announced

???

14. liyihang

liyihang Contributing Member

I am really interested in who gets the remaining 2 points.... MoTay, JoHoward, AB, Boki, Deke, or Sura? Or maybe two guys get one point each on FT line?

Seriously,

HOU 85
    SAN 83

Winning streak goes on.

15. zong

zong Member

Last time the game was on TNT, it was also on TV51. It could be on TV51 too this time. U can have a guess. But I am going to watch the game On TNT because of the van Ch.... on TV51.

16. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

That was the FOURTH TIME this season he has led the scoring and rebounding.

Somebody needs to do his homework.

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I'm just wondering if we are ever going to win on national tv. I believe we've lost every time this season...

18. Toast

Toast Member

Fortunately I'm gonna be busy @ band practice, so I won't be able to watch this "game."

19. xicloud

xicloud Contributing Member

Who got the extra 2 pts besides TMac and Yao? I bet it's Boki.

20. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

POP gets a Technical and Van Grumpy goes to the Line and Hits em both.